Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » CLUBS » Other US Clubs

Post subject: 1978: The Night My Disco Died!
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:24 am 

i

Last edited by Pete Denis on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: INFAMOUS BOAT FIGHT!
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:04 am 

This was the stuff of legends! This fight, that destroyed the best thing in Jersey changed how Clubs allowed people to behave. No longer were the crowds un-supervised. There was an eye on them now. It was too bad, because, BINGHAMPTON'S would have become a Famous Club, maybe not like Studio 54, but like INFINITY or IMPANEMA. It was that great!! Pete is not shy about getting into a fight, so It surprises me that he "ducked". I too would have done that. It is a shame!--

Post subject: The Riot!!
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:01 pm 

I was living in Wayne, New Jersey in 1978, I was a very big party animal. This Club was where everyone went to. It was a happening spot. I made my first trip there that night. It was also my last. While I have always been a lover and not a fighter, I had no choice but to throw down that night. But I wasn't on either side! I was just there, when "the mass of humanity" came down and consumed me. I was in the middle of it, getting hit, and throwing punches. But not at anyone in particular, just at everyone. I never even knew what happened, or this story until now! You had some fu***d up friends Pete. I hope you had a "talk" with him afterwards. It appears to me that he owes you big time! What I did see of that club was fantastic. The music was as good if not better then the New York Clubs, and the atmosphere was exceptional. Too bad that crap happened.

Post subject: It Is Famous!
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:38 am 

While I was not there that night, I had been there on my many visits to relatives in Fairfield. Been to the "Boat" on many occasions. Met Pete Denis there! Lifelong friends now! But that night, that fight. I heard about it down here. My cousins told me about it. Nothing left, the interior looked like a storm went through it. So I was told. This is the true story? Then it was the Bouncers fault!! As a former bouncer, the idea is to remove the participants immediately. Then again, it was 1978, and it was Jersey!! LOL

Post subject: What About The Employees?
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:14 am 

:roll:

Last edited by Pete Denis on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Sounds Like Fun!
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:43 am 

I always wanted to trash a club. It sounds like it was a fun fight. I wish I could have enjoyed it. I am sorry for those who lost their jobs, but I love a good rumble. Did you enjoy the action, I mean, it had to get your adrenalin going. I bet you will attack me for saying that, but when it happened, it must have been exciting.

PETE'S NOTE:: You really are totally alone in the top of Ass**** mountain. It is your domain. You rule all by yourself. If you had been there, I think I would have enjoyed watching you get thrown into the Hudson River!

Post subject: BRAVO
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:13 am 

Great Story! Bravo

Board index » CLUBS » Other US Clubs