Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » OTHER DISCOssions » Barry's thoughts...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: COMMENTS ON TODAY'S DANCE CONVENTIONS
 Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:38 am 

COMMENTS ON TODAY'S DANCE CONVENTIONS

To my friends and fellow dancers who have sent me emails about how the M3

Summit was, I thought I would write a small paragraph and fill those in as to what happened down in South Beach.

Well most of my friends know that I too was not there as many others who are saying enough is enough (sounds like a good title for a song though).

WHY?

CAN YOU SAY PARTY ALL THE TIME?

It seems that the Dance Industry is forgetting the purpose of these type of events. The M3 THE MS event, is now the "in" place to go, as opposed to the WMC, who has lost its crowd and popularity.

I wonder if this will be passed on to M3?

Seriously, we all complain about the lack of record/CD sales, and the problem of radio not playing enough, if any truly dance music.

Well maybe if we all weren’t at the parties the record labels and music oriented equipment companies, throw, we would be able to wake up early enough to attend the sessions that are being held during the day (oh- there is also afternoon tea parties - I forgot).

We have the best minds and DJs attending, but everyone wants to promote their new mix or record or new quadruple CD console. So only a handful of business ever gets done.

And if you do go to a session, you will also have the luxury of attending the 10 parties held each night and pay an outrageous price to get in, plus cabfare (and of course there is the hotel, planefare and registration just to get there)

Maybe if we cut down the event to its original idea of furthering the music we want to the world so we can make the money we sorely complain about not having (No Paul Oakenfeld, I am not talking about you-How much was your last gig-$40,000?), and just got back to basics, we might accomplish something relevant.

HEY BUT WHAT DO I KNOW. I AM AN OLD TIMER JUST TRYING TO ROCK THE BOAT!!!

BARRY

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index » OTHER DISCOssions » Barry's thoughts...