Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » CLUBS » FunHouse

Post subject: FUNHOUSE GANG!
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:07 am 

How eccentric was the gang at The FUNHOUSE? I really don't know? Why are they so special? What happened there that gave them the cockiness they exhibit? They really consider themselves DIFFERENT? Not having to deal with others that did not go there? I never understood it. Can someone, "Straighten Me Out??"

Post subject: STUCK UP!!
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:22 am 

I never understood why they are even listed here? They have nothing to do with this site. They stay away from this site like if we were lepers. Granted it was a great New York Club, but why do they get a WHOLE SECTION here? They never participate, and only use this site to advertise their reunions! I think that this is ridiculous, and extremely self-serving. WHY?

Post subject: Nasty
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:18 am 

The FUNHOUSE was always a weird bunch of people. They think they DESERVE everything. I am not a fan of them, or it! They were rude to the girls of Expose, and nasty to Lewis and me. Idiots!

Post subject: Jerks
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:26 pm 

I always dislike the arrogance of these BUGGAS. They have attitude for some reason. Don't ask me why? That club was great, but so were hundreds of other clubs I've been to. No reason for any of this crap.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:32 am 

FUNHOUSE WAS A GOOD CLUB HAD LOTS OF FUN THERE, BUT IF THERE'S A SECTION FOR THAT CLUB, THERE SHOULD BE OTHER SECTIONS FOR OTHER CLUBS TOO ON MAIN PAGE LIKE BONDS, UNDERGROUND, ROSELAND, IPANIMA, ETC, WHO WERE MORE POPULAR CLUBS AND HAD JUST AS GOOD DJS IF NOT BETTER.
GOOD POINT MEMBERS..

ATT: PETE

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:13 am 
Site Admin

Hi Guys !

The reason for giving FunHouse, PG and '54' own spaces in the forum is simple... As I've got own Club profiles for those clubs - I wanted to give each of them a own Forum so I could link directly to that Forum from each page... to give the people who want to discuss that specific club their own space...
Simple as that !
I will also add a own forum for Copacabana - have not had the chance to do that yet. Will try to do it now !

//Discoguy

Post subject: All Right
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:35 pm 

Thanks Disco-guy, now I understand. But a shame NO-ONE from the Funhouse ever posts on here!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:41 pm 

DISCOGUY SORRY TO INFORM YOU BUT (BONDS INTERNATIONAL) WAS 10 TIMES A BETTER CLUB THEN THE FUNHOUSE, AND HAD LOTS MORE PEOPLE/ACTS BETTER DJS, I WOULD KNOW THIS BEEN TWO BOTH CLUBS PRENTTY OF TIMES BACK IN THAT ERA, SO IT SHOULD ALSO HAVE ITS OWN SPACE/FORUM TOO...

THANK YOU

Post subject: FUN HOUSE wasn't all that.
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:14 am 

Forget this, FUN HOUSE wasn't all that. Why waste time with these clowns if they don't participate. I may be new here, but trust me, I have been around! This place, the FUN-HOUSE, was not so special. It was just another over-rated New York City Disco. There were better clubs in Philly. The SECOND STORY blows all these pretenders away!! That is a fact!

Post subject: OVER-RATED
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:27 am 

Like they chant at Derick Jeter. OVER-RATED!! He is one of the very best, but some people, in every city, shout OVER-RATED! Funhouse is the same.

Post subject: FUNBUGGAS
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:43 pm 

So where are the FUN BUGGAS? The ones who support this club so much? I figure that they would be rallying around this blemish on their reputation. But maybe they don't care. It would follow course wouldn't it!

Post subject: Free Advertising
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:30 pm 

Just received this SPAM today;

Attention all Buggas!!
It’s Official!! The Fun House is BACK in NYC at BLVD
Forget your blues and put on your dancing shoes!!

The party is Friday, October 10, 2008 starting at 9PM.

BLVD
199 Bowery St ( at Spring St & Bowery)
New York, NY 10002
www.blvdnyc.com

It’s $20 per person in advance or at the door. It’s gonna be crazy so you might want to get your tickets in advance. If you can make it and are just going to pay at the door, please reply to this email so we can kind of get a head count so we can properly prepare to accomodate all of you.

Check this site and your emails for more details to follow. I will have tickets ready and available starting over the weekend. Call or email to find out where you can get your tickets 917-418-4272, or funhousebuggas@yahoo.com

See you all soon!!

Thanks,
Scott

Post subject: Maybe...
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:05 pm 

Maybe.....no we could not be so lucky! It seems that they are back for free advertising! Certainly not to participate on this site!

Post subject: The Fun House was special to all that went
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:06 pm 

We hold memories of the people, the music and the club dear to us. So while Disco-Guy has created areas for many clubs, as other sites have.

With respect to posting, people have choices of many sites where to post. Funhousebuggas even has a link on its main page to direct people to Disco-Disco.com, as well as others that share the same interest.

Funhousebuggas.com is for the people who went to the Fun House and still love the music and the people they share so much with.

If you received an email about the party, thats means you signed up on my site and I had permission to send that mail.

If you don't like the Fun House or the people then maybe its best you read or post on a forum you prefer.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:43 pm 

YOU PEOPLE ARE INSANE...
FOR THE PEOPLE WHOM NEVER BEEN TO THE FUNHOUSE ALL I CAN SAY IS YOU DONT KNOW. AND YOU MISSED ONE HELL OF A CLUB...
AND THE ONES THAT POSTED THEY HAVE BEEN THERE AND DIDNT THINK IT WAS ALL THAT THEN IT JUST WASNT FOR YOU, THATS ALL..
DONT GET ME WRONG, THE GARAGE, TUNNEL. UNDERGROUND, AND ROSELAND WERE EXCELLENT CLUBS IN 1982- TILL???
BUT THE VIBE AT FUNHOUSE WAS UN DESCRIBABLE..
THE WHOLE VIBE WITH THE FAMOUS CLOWN LOGO, THE LIGHTS, MUSIC, PEOPLE AND THE DRUGS AT THE TIME ALL BLENDED IN PERFECTLY. ESPRSSAILLY WHEN JELLYBEAN DEE JAYED THERE IN 81-84.
YES , IM SURE THE HOUSE WAS GREAT AS WELL IN 1978, 79,-- AND 80 BUT I WASNT THERE IN THOSE YEARS...
THERE WERE A LOT OF RACIAL ISSUES AROUND THAT TIME AND NOW OF COURSE IN 2008 BUT WE ALL GOT ALONG AT FUNHOUSE. WHITE, HISPANIC, BLACK, JEWISH, ITALIAN, ETC. EVERYONE JUST VIBING TO THE BEATS AND HAVING FUN AND HAVING A FEELING OF FREENESS.
YES STUDIO 54 WAS UN BELIEVABLY POPULAR AND WILL GO DOWN IN HISTORY... BUT THATS BECASUE IT HOUSED ALL THE MOVIE STARS AND FAMOUS PEOPLE. WHEREVER SOMEONE FAMOUS HANGS OUT OR GOES IT TURNS INTO THE SO-CALLED PLACE TO BE........ AND YES SYUDIO WAS A GREAT CLUB FROM WHAT I HEAR. ( I WAS THERE IN 85- EARLY 86).. BUT STUDIO WAS LIKE A MAINSTREAM SELL OUT CLUB MUSIC WISE... KC AND SUNSHINE BAND, VILLAGE PEOPLE, ETC...
THE HOUSE HAD UNDERGROUND WILD DIFFERNT DISCO ALONG WITH A LOT OF THE CLASSICS TOO THAT WERE ON THE RADIO...
BUT WHEN THE FUNHOUSE BUSTED OUT STUFF LIKE HAPPY SONG, BOSTICH, STONE FOX CHASE, SET IT OFF, BOHANNON ( WHICH HAPPENS TO BE THE SONG THAT WAS BEING PLAYED WHEN I FIRST WENT TO THE HOUSE), POINT ZERO, ACTION 78, AND COUNTLESS OTHERS IT WAS INSANE HEARING THAT THUMPING BASS FROM THE FUNHOUSE SYSTEM.
I WAS A ROCK HEAD AND I STILL LOVE ROCK ( SABBATH, AC/DC/ JUDAS PREIST) BUT ANYONE THAT LIKES ROCK, JAZZ, WHATEVER IF THEY WALKED IN FUNHOUSE ON A SAT NITE ABOUT 1AM OR SO THEY WOULD AND DID LOVED IT, AND NEVER WANTED IT TO END...
ROXY WAS COOL AND SO WAS UNDERGROUND BUT THE FUNHOUSE.. WELL ONLY A BUGGA KNOWS WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE GARAGE WAS 95 PERCENT GAY. THATS FINE AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT BUT IM NOT GAY. LOL IM SURE THE GAY PEOPLE LOVED IT CASUE IT HOUSED MOSTLY GAYS AND YES I KNOW LARRY LEVAN PLAYED THE HOT JAMS I AGREE.
BUT COME ON MAN, THE FUNHOUSE WAS THE S**T !!!
RUN
BUGGA FROM JUNE 82- EARLY WINTER 85......[/b]

Board index » CLUBS » FunHouse