Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Artists

Post subject: This Week's ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS Show on Starpoint Radio!
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:07 am 

Hi to everyone on Disco-Disco. I thought I'd start posting up The Original Mastercuts Show on here as it's one of the longest running shows in the UK, so here is the first one of this year!

Blimey. It’s been 6 weeks since I’ve done a radio show what with Xmas stuff and then the BRILLIANT Luxury Soul Weekender with Jean Carn, Michael Henderson, Cool Million and a brilliant crowd and vibe for the first weekend of 2011. What a way to start a new year!

But great to be back and hopefully we’ll be joined by a whole bunch of new listeners to join the Sunday afternoon regulars. As per usual, we have a few exclusives, some stunning fresh mixes, the usual bunch of KILLER re-edits, some little-heard stunners from across several eras but all with one consistent thread running throughout the whole show – SOUL!

As a special treat, I believe my partner-in-crime Alan Champ will be dropping by as well, so expect the usual inane Sunday afternoon banter with a soundtrack to die for.

And it’s all LIVE!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm UK time on Sunday 23rd January 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Blue Magic * William ‘Smoke’ Howard * The Salsoul Orchestra * Crazy P * Chic feat Faith Evans * C & C Music Factory * Teena Marie * Carl Graves * The Fantastic Johnny C * Larry Wedgeworth & Clique * Wally Coco * Shirley Caesar * Lamont Dozier * George Frye * Loose Change * Patti Austin & James Ingram * David Ruffin * The O’Jays * Cee-Lo

Hope you can join us. See you LIVE @ 2.00pm UK time folks.

Laters…….

Ian D :D

Post subject: Re: This Week's ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS Show on Starpoint Radio!
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:57 pm 

Yep, coming up LIVE @ 2.00pm today and the first show of the new year for me so hope you can join us for a wonderful 2 hours of ORIGINAL MASTERCUTS on www.starpointradio.com!

See you @ 2.00!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:53 am 

Repeat going out today @ 5.00pm UK time on www.starpointradio.com.

Here's what was played along with some frankly embarassing technical hicccups and the usual inane chatter from myself and Mr Champ!

1st Hour

Blue Magic – Look Me Up
William ‘Smoke’ Howard – That’s What Love Does – J*ski Remix
The Salsoul Orchestra – You’re Just The Right Size – Victor Rosado Remix
Crazy P – Never Gonna Reach Me – Hot Toddy Remix
Chic/Faith Evans - Chic Cheer/Love Life This – Chic To Chic Remix
C & C Music Factory – Share That Beat Of Love – Neil Thompson Re-Groove
Teena Marie - 365 – Love Jones Womack Rework
Carl Graves – Heart Be Still - J*ski Remix

2nd Hour

Fantastic Johnny C – Don’t Depend On Me – J*ski Extended Remix
Larry Wedgeworth & Clique – No More Games
Wally Coco – Message To Society
Shirley Caesar – He’s A Friend
Lamont Dozier – Something To Fall Back On
George Frye – Keep On Keeping On
Loose Change – Rising Cost Of Love – Tom Moulton Remix
Patti Austin & James Ingram – Baby Come To Me – Neil Thompson Re-Groove
David Ruffin – Walk Away From Love – Lary Sanders Remix
The O’Jays – Darlin’ Darlin’ Baby – Lee Jeffries Remix
Cee-Lo – I Want You

Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:33 pm 

Blimey, talk about chaos LOL. No headphones for the first 3 records so I couldn’t hear anything, then I kinda forgot which sliders to move. Thank God Champy arrived and bailed me out. Surprisingly it still sounds OK and, as ever, the music covers up any human deficiencies.

Playlist and download link below.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 23rd January 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

1st Hour

Blue Magic – Look Me Up
William ‘Smoke’ Howard – That’s What Love Does – J*ski Remix
The Salsoul Orchestra – You’re Just The Right Size – Victor Rosado Remix
Crazy P – Never Gonna Reach Me – Hot Toddy Remix
Chic/Faith Evans - Chic Cheer/Love Life This – Chic To Chic Remix
C & C Music Factory – Share That Beat Of Love – Neil Thompson Re-Groove
Teena Marie - 365 – Love Jones Womack Rework
Carl Graves – Heart Be Still - J*ski Remix

2nd Hour

Fantastic Johnny C – Don’t Depend On Me – J*ski Extended Remix
Larry Wedgeworth & Clique – No More Games
Wally Coco – Message To Society
Shirley Caesar – He’s A Friend
Lamont Dozier – Something To Fall Back On
George Frye – Keep On Keeping On
Loose Change – Rising Cost Of Love – Tom Moulton Remix
Patti Austin & James Ingram – Baby Come To Me – Neil Thompson Re-Groove
David Ruffin – Walk Away From Love – Lary Sanders Remix
The O’Jays – Darlin’ Darlin’ Baby – Lee Jeffries Remix
Cee-Lo – I Want You

http://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2011 ... rpoint.mp3

Al will be joined by long-term listener Disco Dave from Scotland next week and then we’ll be doing another double show the week after before hitting East Village for another 6MS knees up so catch you then!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:54 am 

That 'Crazy P' track is going right on my show next week!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:46 pm 

Jay Negron wrote:
That 'Crazy P' track is going right on my show next week!!

LOL, so it should Jay! "Thousand Finger Man" gets recycled yet again ay!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:50 pm 

OK, I’m posting this early ‘cos I’m out and about tonight and in party mode! Shout outs for Chris Barnet’s 40th and Andy Link’s 50th – see you tonight guys! All of which means I’m gonna be crawling in bruised and battered sometime in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Then I’ll wake up feeling like death, knock back a massive breakfast, pick Champy up and head for Starpoint Towers. Yes folks, it’s another Original Mastercuts Champ and Dewhirst special tomorrow and it’ll all be LIVE from 2.00pm UK time!

And then Champy and I will be going over to East Village in Shoreditch another one of our regular Six Million Steps Sunday sessions! Details here:-

http://www.eastvillageclub.co.uk/

And then I’ll crawl home and die. May as well catch the show whilst I’m still alive ay?

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst and Alan Champ between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 6th February 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station:-

http://www.starpointradio.com

Featuring……

Patti LaBelle * Soularis * Donnie Ray * Alicia Myers * Curtis Mayfield * Billy Paul * The O’Jays * The Nobles * Delight * Corey Glover * Al Hudson & The Soul Partners * The Marvelettes * The Idle Few * Lee David * Edwin Starr * Vicki Sue Robinson * Otis Williams * Spyder Turner * Rose Royce * Johnny Taylor * Earth, Wind & Fire * Tommy McGhee * Bobby Caldwell & Earth, Wind & Fire * Barry White

Hope to catch you all tomorrow afternoon @ 2.0pm sharp!

Laters,

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:27 pm 

Well yes the weekend did kinda kill me this week LOL. Still great to see so many friends last Saturday night/Sunday morning in Islington and Dalston so happy birthdays to Chris Barnett and Andy Link. Killer night, sore head the next day – exactly the way it should be LOL.

And many thanks to all who tuned in for the live show on Sunday – it’s always great to have a friendly crowd to cure the hangover! Finally thanks to everyone who showed up down at East Village on Sunday afternoon/evening. That is turning into a great friendly little gig with great music and a lovely crowd! Hats off to all and big shouts to Al, Andrew, Dave and the rest of the Six Million Steps collective.

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst and Alan Champ between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 6th February 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station http://www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

1st Hour

Patti LaBelle – New Day – Darryl James Full Vocal Mix
Soularis – Change The World – Neil Thompson 7” Edit
Donnie Ray – Who’s Rockin’ You
Alicia Myers – I Want To Thank You – Alkino Rework
Curtis Mayfield – Love Me Love Me Now – Touchsoul Re-Edit
Billy Paul – Let The Dollar Circulate – ScatchNSniff Re-Edit
The O’Jays – Let Love Flow
The Nobles - Jealousy
Delight – Is It Too Late
Corey Glover – Little Girl
Al Hudson & The Soul Partners – Trying To Prove My Love

2nd Hour

The Marvelettes – Only Your Love Can Save Me
The Idle Few – People That’s Why
Lee David – Temptation’s Calling My Name
Edwin Starr – Treat Her Right
Otis Williams – I Got To Have You
Spyder Turner – I’ve Been Waiting
Rose Royce – Love Is In The Air
Johnny Taylor – Shoot For The Stars
Earth, Wind & Fire – I’ll Write A Song For You
Tommy McGhee – Now That I Have You
Bobby Caldwell & Earth, Wind & Fire – Fantasy/What You Won’t Do For Love – Dan Mela Crazy Mix
Barry White – It’s Only Love Doing It’s Thing – Leon DeeJay Extended Mix

http://www.sixmillionsteps.com/6MS-2011-02-06-Starpoint.mp3

Al is hosting next week and I’ll catch you all on Sunday 20th February!

Laters,

Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:22 am 

Never any rest for the wicked. Been a busy week as usual so as part of my three-step recovery from a ridiculous lifestyle, welcome to another 2 hours in the Soul Music Sunday afternoon comfort zone otherwise known as the Original Mastercuts Show!

This week the emphasis is on GREAT, GREAT productions all the way through our usual trawl through 5 decades of breath-taking Soul music. So some regular show faves, some fabulous new re-edits, some under-exposed gems, a couple of exclusives and hopefully a wonderful exercise in whiling away a lazy Sunday afternoon. I’m looking forward to it!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 20th February 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Randy Crawford * Five Special * Roberta Flack * Stevie Wonder * Crown Heights Affair * Ashford & Simpson * Rick James * Val Young * James Ingram * The Trammps * Dionne Warwick * Sons Of Robin Stone * The Intruders * J.J. Barnes * The Moments * Percy Stone & the Explosions * Sandra Wright * Dionne Warwick & Issac Hayes * Lowrell * Archie Bell & The Drells * Inner Life

Catch you in the usual spots from 2.00pm this Sunday!

Laters,

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:47 pm 

OK entirely predictable. 4 days of partying @ Prestatyn last weekend completely wiped me out for the whole of this week. We’re talking all round body aches, manflu and I’ve got the usual bloody chest infection which I get every year about this time! I’m not getting any younger that’s for sure……..

Big shout outs for everyone who was @ Prestatyn. Despite all the last minute problems it turned out great anyway, as we all knew it would. Great to link up with some of Starpoint’s elite squad for the 6 hour LIVE broadcast last Sunday afternoon so big thanks to Mark Randle, Colin Curtis, Paul Goldsmith, Dimitri Soul and Chris Box. Pretty good value ay?

Anyway, as always, it’s just great to get back to some serious music and we have the usual 2 hours of Soulful utopia which covers some current and recent Soulful House beauties, a spectacular Dimitri From Paris re-edit, some 70’s and 80’s beauties including an exclusive new re-edit on a Patrick Adams beauty, some zippy Modern Soul, some bone-breakingly great general Soul gems including a brand new release that will surprise many and a final half-hour of stone-certified classics. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday afternoon, so indulge yourself and enjoy the vibe……

Also it’s gonna be a full-house ‘cos Champy and a few guests will dropping by to see the show in action so we’ll be having a ‘lil party ourselves by the looks of it!

Six Million Steps Presents The Original Mastercuts Show LIVE with Ian Dewhirst and guests between 2.00-4.00pm on Sunday 20th March 2011 on everyone’s favourite Soul station www.starpointradio.com.

Featuring……

Big Brooklyn Red * Dennis Ferrer feat K.T. Brooks * Deep Swing & DJ Meme feat Linda Jackson * Five Special * Gary Bartz * Al Hudson & The Soul Partners * Gladys Knight & The Pips * The Eight Minutes * First Class * Flame N’ King & The Bold Ones * Park Avenue * Vernon Burch * Gerri Grainger * Silk * Tony Lindsay * Dottie Pearson * Melvin Brown & James Mathews * The Sons Of Champlin * Anita Baker * Johnny Guitar Watson * Bobby Byrd & Vicki Anderson * Average White Band * The Isley Brothers
Hope ya can join me LIVE this Sunday afternoon! Should be a gas!

Laters,

Post Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:10 am 

Thanks for such sharing some of them are new for me but mostly i know.

Board index » DISCO » Artists