Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » CLUBS » Other US Clubs

Post subject: Infinity
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:21 am 

Did anyone visit INFINITY before it...burned down. :(

Post subject: Re: Infinity
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:41 pm 

Went there plenty of times, what do you want to know?
Pooch

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:48 am 

Do you remember how the booth was Dan?Or what kind of mixer Jim Burgess use???
I saw some fotos from Infinity's booth before the Burgess days with Bobby DJ working with some Thorens turntables and a Clubman Meteor mixer.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:16 pm 

When you walk thru the doors, the Dj booth is off to the right. A half circle shape. Two Thorens and when I was there, it was a GLI mixer. Never saw the Clubman mixer there. Lightman was off to the right.
Pooch

Post Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:25 pm 

DanPooch wrote:
When you walk thru the doors, the Dj booth is off to the right. A half circle shape. Two Thorens and when I was there, it was a GLI mixer. Never saw the Clubman mixer there. Lightman was off to the right.
Pooch

But was it really as cool inside as they say? Ie did the neon and mirrors really have a neat effect?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:20 pm 

The neons at the top of each pillar where very cool!!!! If you stood at one end of the club and wathced the neons, it looked like an infinite tunnel, thus the name "Infinity". It was very cool, the Bass bins lined each side of the dance floor, but virtually the whole club was a dance floor. There were four bins on each side and full range cabinets above and tweeter arrays overhead. There was also a upstairs section that overlooked the entire club, so when up there it looked like you were looking into an "infinite mirror".
Hope this helped you get a picture in your mind.
Pooch

Post Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:15 pm 

DanPooch wrote:
The neons at the top of each pillar where very cool!!!! If you stood at one end of the club and wathced the neons, it looked like an infinite tunnel, thus the name "Infinity". It was very cool, the Bass bins lined each side of the dance floor, but virtually the whole club was a dance floor. There were four bins on each side and full range cabinets above and tweeter arrays overhead. There was also a upstairs section that overlooked the entire club, so when up there it looked like you were looking into an "infinite mirror".
Hope this helped you get a picture in your mind.
Pooch

Thanks so much for that memory. I will never be able top witness it first hand, so that really helped paint an image in my mind. I saw a picture on a VH-1 special once which showed the interiopr of the club, completely lit, but without anyone inside, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the show. D:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:54 pm 

Glad that I was able to help you. I must add that, I have played in over 75 clubs in the US and Europe. I must say that "Infinity" is the one club i have always wanted to play at, my greatest desire of clubs.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:04 am 
Site Admin

DanPooch wrote:
Glad that I was able to help you. I must add that, I have played in over 75 clubs in the US and Europe. I must say that "Infinity" is the one club i have always wanted to play at, my greatest desire of clubs.

Hi Pooch,

Sad to hear you never got to play Infinity and it was interesting that it's one of the clubs you always wanted to play at - any other clubs you had on your "wish list" ??

// Claes "Discoguy"

Post Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:18 pm 

No not really Claes, Infinity was the ultimate for me.
I had thought at the time that it was the best club I had ever seen. But then in 1978, I got the Night Gallery in Brooklyn as my home, so, that was my "Infinity". I say that because I had control of the music I played and was never dictated too, and we did hold 1200 people so there was a high energy level.
But back to it, Infinity for me at the time was the ultimate club....
Just like the Night Gallery, there has not been a club like it since, and never will be.

Pooch

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:03 am 

Not yet,
Recently I have been to Nikki Beach Night Club in Vegas, Its VIP clientele will not only recognize the undeniable Nikki signature touches such as the elegant all-white color scheme and the European style best-in-class service but they will also discover an organically-designed decor offering different elegant settings according to the mood of the night..

Hope you enjoy there...!!!

Board index » CLUBS » Other US Clubs