Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » CLUBS » FunHouse

Post subject: Correction Re: Confusion Video And Mama Juice
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:36 am 

On the main Disco-Disco page it states that the girl in the New Order Confusion Video looks like one of the Juice Crew members. The girl in the New Order Confusion Video IS Mama Juice from the Juice Crew. Arthur Baker contacted Alise (Mama Juice) after he read the article in the Village Voice about us. He asked her to star in the video with her crew. Only two of us were picked to do it with her, myself and another friend of ours named Ayfer. The day of taping the train scene I overslept because I was at the Fun House all night the night before and I missed the filming. So I only did the walking in to the Fun House Scene with her and the club scene that followed thereafter. But the house that is filmed in the video was her house, and her room and her relatives.

Post subject: Re: Correction Re: Confusion Video And Mama Juice
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:08 am 
Site Admin

Hi Eva,

Thanks for this information. It was really interesting...
I'll correct the info in the main page.

// Discoguy

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:43 pm 

Thanks. I'll let Alise know too :-D

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:57 am 

Eva wrote:
Thanks. I'll let Alise know too :-D

Hey Eva,

Was it always The Funhouse for you, you never tempted by the other clubs in the city..Was the Garage ever considered or was that out of the question?..Was it a case of being loyal and totally devoted to The Funhouse....you still dancin?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:13 pm 

I did go to other clubs. I started clubbing at a very young age in Brooklyn NY. My mom was out clubbing herself at the Roseland and so she didn't know I was sneaking out doing the same thing. I started clubbing at around 13 years old at a club called Night Gallery in Brooklyn. I usto dance the Hustle which I learned from the older kids teens who were takimng lessons at Desirees dance studio in Brooklyn... If I wasn't dancing the Hustle at a dance club, I was dancing it in the school yard or in front of the pizzaria where we hung out. I went to lots of different Brooklyn clubs and first went to the Fun House when I was about 15 or 16 and fell in love with it. That's when I started dancing street and learning everything I could from the awesome dancers there. I did also go to the Garage, Illusions, Roxy, 4D, the Underground, and Roseland but nothing compared to the Funhouse for me. It was my stomping ground and Jellybean , the Funhouse resident DJ 1981-1984 or 5, was my favorite DJ.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:30 pm 

Eva wrote:
I did go to other clubs. I started clubbing at a very young age in Brooklyn NY. My mom was out clubbing herself at the Roseland and so she didn't know I was sneaking out doing the same thing. I started clubbing at around 13 years old at a club called Night Gallery in Brooklyn. I usto dance the Hustle which I learned from the older kids teens who were takimng lessons at Desirees dance studio in Brooklyn... If I wasn't dancing the Hustle at a dance club, I was dancing it in the school yard or in front of the pizzaria where we hung out. I went to lots of different Brooklyn clubs and first went to the Fun House when I was about 15 or 16 and fell in love with it. That's when I started dancing street and learning everything I could from the awesome dancers there. I did also go to the Garage, Illusions, Roxy, 4D, the Underground, and Roseland but nothing compared to the Funhouse for me. It was my stomping ground and Jellybean , the Funhouse resident DJ 1981-1984 or 5, was my favorite DJ.

Eva,

Thanks for your response, very informative and interesting! Sounds like wonderfull times!
Your comments are very welcome here so if you find the time, try checking out other parts of the forum. I think you would especially enjoy the music thread that has 100's of downloads of classic music from BITD, all posted by other members and free to everyone.
We got Dj's like Jay Negron who worked the clubs in Brooklyn through the 70's and 80's, Dj's from the UK, France, Sweden and Greece who are all active on the forum, who would all love to hear your comments and share memories from BITD with you. So if you can find the time, come and join us on the rest of the forum and give us your valuable input as it will be much appreciated!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

Eva wrote:
I started clubbing at around 13 years old at a club called Night Gallery in Brooklyn.

Then you must have danced to the music of Dan Pooch who was the DJ at the Night Gallery... Check out my interview with Pooch !

Thanks for sharing your memories and thoughts !
Always appreciated around here !! :D

// Discoguy

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:03 pm 

HI.....IT'S MAMA JUICE AKA ALISE....AND YESSSSS I AM THE GIRL IN THE CONFUSION VIDEO FROM NEW ORDER.....THE ACTUAL STORY ON HOW THIS ALL CAME ABOUT IS.....THE JUICE CREW AND I....WERE ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE VILLAGE VOICE IN MAY OF 1983....AND I WAS ALSO FEATURED IN THE BRITISH PAPER NEW MUSICAL EXPRESS...THE GROUP NEW ORDER READ THE STORIES AND WANTED ME IN THEIR VIDEO....SO THEY CALL MY HOME AND ASKED IF I WOULD LIKE TO STAR IN THEIR VIDEO.....I WAS THRILLED BEYOND BELIEF...FILMING TOOK 4 DAYSWE FILMED AT MY AUNT'S PIZZARIA MY HOME GARAGE FUNHOUSE...HUNG OUT WITH THE GROUP TOOK LIMO'S EVERYWHERE...I ASKED MY BEST FRIEND EVA TO FILM WITH ME SHE WAS EXHAUSTED SO I ASKED AYFER.....I WAS HONORED TO BE IN THE VIDEO....IT WAS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE....FILMING WITH THE GROUP...IT WAS THE START OF MANY GREAT THINGS TO COME....MAMA JUICE

Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:40 pm 

TALIA wrote:
HI.....IT'S MAMA JUICE AKA ALISE....AND YESSSSS I AM THE GIRL IN THE CONFUSION VIDEO FROM NEW ORDER.....THE ACTUAL STORY ON HOW THIS ALL CAME ABOUT IS.....THE JUICE CREW AND I....WERE ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE VILLAGE VOICE IN MAY OF 1983....AND I WAS ALSO FEATURED IN THE BRITISH PAPER NEW MUSICAL EXPRESS...THE GROUP NEW ORDER READ THE STORIES AND WANTED ME IN THEIR VIDEO....SO THEY CALL MY HOME AND ASKED IF I WOULD LIKE TO STAR IN THEIR VIDEO.....I WAS THRILLED BEYOND BELIEF...FILMING TOOK 4 DAYSWE FILMED AT MY AUNT'S PIZZARIA MY HOME GARAGE FUNHOUSE...HUNG OUT WITH THE GROUP TOOK LIMO'S EVERYWHERE...I ASKED MY BEST FRIEND EVA TO FILM WITH ME SHE WAS EXHAUSTED SO I ASKED AYFER.....I WAS HONORED TO BE IN THE VIDEO....IT WAS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE....FILMING WITH THE GROUP...IT WAS THE START OF MANY GREAT THINGS TO COME....MAMA JUICE

Hi Mama Juice,
Just checked out the confusion video, great stuff and thanks for the wonderful insight you gave us on it. What happened with your life after the video (1983). You still dancing?. New Order were heavily involved with a famous nightclub in the UK called The Hacienda which I used to frequent on a regular basis!. Thanks again Mama Juice and let us all know what you have been up to after all these years!

Much love from the UK

Soulboy

Board index » CLUBS » FunHouse