Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Remember this ?

Post subject: DISCO TRACK HEARD IN "TAXI": WHAT'S THE NAME?????
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:23 am 

Hi. I've been looking for the disco track played in the season 3 episode of "Taxi", called "Elaine's strange triangle", for a long time. The track is heard when Reiger is forced to dance with a stranger in a gay bar. All I've been able to learn is that the choreography was done by Jeff Kutash, of "Jeff Kutash and the Dancin' Machine". As far as I know, they released only 1 Lp, self-titled, which I happen to have, and which doesn't contain this track. Here's a sample, the yells in the public are annoying, but you can hear better near the end. Thanks for any help identifying this track

UPDATE: I've obtained the answer through several emails sent to me. The track is: "Do the Boogaloo", by Quango & Sparky. Thanks to all those who helped.

Post subject: Kool Chris
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:11 pm 

I remember that episode and that song. It wasn't the only time that DISCO music was used on TAXI, remember when LATKA took out his girlfriend to go DISCO Dancing!? Or on LATKA'S fantasy dream episode, he hustled to another song too. Good memories!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:53 pm 

Definitely. Speaking of '70s series with interesting disco tracks, I've watched some episodes of CHiPs, season 2. Musical direction was given to Alan Silvestri (Season 1 was Mark Post, I beleive). Some of those accompanying musical segments are killers in their own right!! Clever instrumental disco tracks, easily good enough to deserve their own LP. It seems some Silvestri compilations were released and available on CD through Amazon, among others.

Post subject: Disco On TV
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:54 pm 

Really Chris. Do you have it? How about the music used in CHARLIE'S ANGELS? I remember there was a show that dealt with"Roller Disco"? The music in that episode, was it taken from actual recordings or was there a "track" composed specifically for the show? You were in LA at that time, you know the answer? I don't, but it is interesting "trivia" I feel I should know! Thanks for getting things started here!!

Post subject: The Fugitive
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:17 pm 

Kool Chris ,
In The Movie The Fugitive, when Dr Kimball is at the Medical Convention Black-Tie function, the music in the background, Am I correct, Isn't that VOYAGE playing? There are many movies from the last thirty-five years that featured some Disco Classics. Remember any others?-PETE

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:29 pm 

Hi Pete,
I just realized it was you there!!
Sorry I have less time to answer posts, as work has been hectic, lately. Unfortunately, I don't think I ever saw the Fugitive, or even the Roller Disco episode of Charlie's Angels, for that matter...
It seems every TV commercial (here in France) has a disco track cover lately, or at least '70s pop. Sister Sledge, Patrick Juvet, ELO, the list goes on. I don't know if it's a royalties thing, or merely out of a particular interest for disco. Sorry, I gotta run! Later! Chris

Board index » DISCO » Remember this ?