Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Remember this ?

Post subject: Gary Glitter cover.
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:11 pm 

Does anyone remember this song.

It was an old Gary Glitter classic, "I Didn't Know I Loved You".
On the flip-side was "Rock n Roll Part One".

It was covered by an artist called Kryptonite & was on a label called D.J Productions LTD. It was released in 1980.

It had a real nice chunky/bassy beat & I used to love it.
I've got the 12inch single stashed away somewhere, but I would like to know if it is available on CD or could be downloaded from somewhere.

Cheers everyone.

This site brings back some great memories, nice work to those responsible.

Post subject: Easy One
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:59 pm 

I DIDN'T KNOW I LOVED YOU TILL I SAW YOU ROCK N' ROLL, was originally done by Gary Glitter in the early 70's. and in the early to mid 80's, PLANET PATROL released it as a huge 12" that dominated in FREESTYLE clubs for a long period of time. I played it, and it really worked well for me, excellent intro could be overlapped and the guitar over the top would drive the crowds crazy in anticipation. Great Song!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:38 am 

Hey Pete, don't you have an original Gary Glitter album? If I recall it was a mini LP from the UK. Maybe you can take a digital picture of it and send it to Discoguy to post.

Post subject: Gary Glitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:46 am 

You mean, that YOU CAN SCAN IT, and send it to Claes. I don't have a scanner! Great LP though, we played it, and I DIDN'T KNOW I LOVED YOU TIL I SAW YOU ROCK N' ROLL in our last get together two months ago!! When are we spinning!!??? The mini-lp has a few ANTHEMS on it, like ROCK N' ROLL parts 1&2. Did you know that Gary Glitter is a convicted Child Molester!! Caught with a young girl!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:46 am 

Don't you have a digital camera? Just take a good picure of it and download it into pc.

Post subject: Gary Glitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:08 am 

I am not sure that CLAES wants it. I would gladly send it to him if he wants it. Gary Glitter is an interesting story. He was at one time right up there with Mick Jagger, David Bowie and Elton John as English Rock Royalty. He was the leader of the GLAM-ROCK era, flamboyant, extravagant and full of GLITTER! Go to a Basketball game in the NBA.WNBA,College or High School, and I guarantee you that you will hear at least two Gary Glitter songs. Early in the DISCO era, his music was played exclusively in the clubs, never made it to the Radio. Then in 1974 or 75 he released "Makes You Blind", and it dominated every club to the extent, that Frankie Crocker at WBLS in New York decided to go against the curb, and programmed it in the rotation. It became his best selling record, but not his biggest money maker. That belongs to ROCK N' ROLL Pts 1 & 2, but only because of all the royalties paid when arenas and stadiums around the world used it to stir up the crowds to a frenzy. One of the few times that a song made more money after it's initial run, then during it. Another one would be WAR'S "LOWRIDER". The Beatles "YESTERDAY" is another.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:11 am 

I'm not saying it just for CLAES, it'll be all to see. After all it's a classic and rare.

Post subject: Re: Gary Glitter
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:10 pm 

Pete Denis wrote:
I am not sure that CLAES wants it. I would gladly send it to him if he wants it. Gary Glitter is an interesting story. He was at one time right up there with Mick Jagger, David Bowie and Elton John as English Rock Royalty. He was the leader of the GLAM-ROCK era, flamboyant, extravagant and full of GLITTER! Go to a Basketball game in the NBA.WNBA,College or High School, and I guarantee you that you will hear at least two Gary Glitter songs. Early in the DISCO era, his music was played exclusively in the clubs, never made it to the Radio

maybe not on the radio that was US based, but Gary Glitter hit the charts most certainly in the UK ...see.....the UK radio charts

I'm the leader of the gang (I am) 18-8-1973 UK Nr. 1
I love you love me love 15-12-1973 UK Nr. 1
Remember me this way 6-4-1974 tip
Always yours 6-7-1974 tip UK Nr. 1
It takes all night long 2-4-1977 5

and in Holland as well, according to the Dutch charts of those days
'Nederlandse Top 40 '

Rock and roll 15-7-1972 8 Part 1: Vocaal, Part 2:
I didn't know I loved you (till I saw you rock 'n roll) 21-10-1972 14
Do you wanna touch me? (Oh yeah!) 17-2-1973 8
Hello-hello I'm back again 5-5-1973 4

but the music was not all about Gary; let's meet THE GLITTER BAND...the guys who provided the sound, the groove, the funk to Gary's hits.....

they hit once more on their own in 1975 when 'makes you blind' became a huge club tune as well as hitting the charts...well at least over here, in the UK and Europe.

The Glitter Band deserves to be played, if only for 'makes you blind' and 'I didn't know I loved you (till I saw you rock 'n roll) '

Image Image

Post subject: Gary Glitter & The Glitter Band
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:39 am 

You are preaching to the choir. I am a very big GLITTER BAND & Gary Glitter fan. I got all their stuff! Like RAY said, I have a 10 inch album of their greatest hits, promo copy! What I don't have anymore is MAKES YOU BLIND. Lost, stolen or whatever. It is history! Wish I had one!

Post subject: FINALLY!
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:14 pm 

I finally got the picture of the 10 inch album of Gary Glitter's greatest hits.
Here it is.

Post subject: The 10" Album
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:58 pm 

Go there is the picture of Gary"the Child Molester"Glitter's greatest hits album, all 10" of it. Actually that picture is Life Size!! LOL

Post subject: Re: Gary Glitter cover.
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:35 pm 

Outlaw 53 wrote:
Does anyone remember this song.

It was an old Gary Glitter classic, "I Didn't Know I Loved You".
On the flip-side was "Rock n Roll Part One".

It was covered by an artist called Kryptonite & was on a label called D.J Productions LTD. It was released in 1980.

It had a real nice chunky/bassy beat & I used to love it.
I've got the 12inch single stashed away somewhere, but I would like to know if it is available on CD or could be downloaded from somewhere.

Cheers everyone.

This site brings back some great memories, nice work to those responsible.

I remeber it well.I think they were French/Canadian.

Had a chick with sunglasses in the artwork, Chunky pressing as you say.

It thumped.

I sold a few hundred few the store I was managing in Sydney called Disco City.

Seaking of records with good thump.......remember Elanor Rigby By Uranium?

It was released late 78 I think. Through RCA/Victor in Australia.

It was an instrumental techno/trance version of The Beatles track & it

was the first record to have "earthquake" sound pressed into the vinyl.

It used to make drinks slide of the tables due to the rumble. :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:08 pm 

Was a big Glitter fan when i was a young boy, infact my first musical memories were all about him!.....sad to say a fan no more!............He has been hitting all the headlines in the UK for the last month and for all the wrong reasons.....About six years ago, he put his PC in for repair at a local outlet. On inspecting the PC, over 1000 sexually explicit pictures of children were found on the hard drive. This resulted in him being convicted and set to prison for about 14 months. After his release he wanted to escape all the media attention, so he left the Uk and headed to South-East Asia to settle.No more was heard from GG until about 2 years ago when it came to light that he had been caught having sex with a boy and girl who were about 11years of age. He was rightly convicted and sentenced to 3yrs in a Vietamese prison. On his release 18 months later, he tried to gain entry into Thailand & Hong Kong but they refused him permission to settle. He ended up flying back to the UK in disgrace about 3 weeks ago!

I cant listen to any of his music or even Michael Jackson's any more!

It may be sad...but thats the way i feel about it!

Post subject: Tramatic Experiences!!
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:39 pm 

Let me give a different view on things. While I have literally kicked the shit out of pedophiles and molesters, this Michael Jackson situation is disturbing in many ways. First, what parent would leave a kid with a freakish looking thing like Michael. It is disturbing too, that MJ thinks he looks great! Second, they claim the kid became,"traumatized" by that. A Pop-icon jerked him off! Is that more traumatic, then lets say, getting the hell beat out of you by the neighborhood bully! I think not. as a kid? I would prefer a good jerk on my dick then a ass-kicking. Hell, I would have let Tom Jones jerk me off, or The Beatles, or Herman's Hermits. Even The Drifters! And I am not talking about the musical group, just those bums drifting down the block! LOL-- This Was A Joke!!

Board index » DISCO » Remember this ?