Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Various

Post subject: Re: You Got To!
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:13 am 

Pete Denis wrote:
I think, that whenever possible, a deejay should play every request. BUT... I always had a sign that said, "No Requests" in plain, visible sight. Got to keep it to a minimum. And when you play a request for someone, they really feel special. You build a following and acquire "regulars" like that. Plus, in a subtle way, it tells them that money should accompany all requests. And it is a great way of judging the crowd's tastes in music. If you are cleaver, you can make requests a positive thing. Not a stumbling block. Just have to use your brain a little. I made tons of money in the form of "Tips".

we don't get tips in the UK for taking requests.but i remember a tray full of beer being bought for me once.didn't remember much afterwards though :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ktf.
darren :D 8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:06 pm 

Back in the day: NO.
Now: Depends. "Play Kate Perry's I Kissed A Girl!" NO, go down you're not supposed to be up here, I'll call security. But what about the collector types who come up demanding the really cool track? "Play Symphonia C Mol will you, from the Miha Kralj album?" or "Nights In White Satin by Linda Law, let's hear that shall we? " or "you haven't spinned Love Dance by the Androids, please spin it as soon as possible, ok?" Check! When they are clearly in the same wavelength as you it's natural you you spin the stuff, right? These people are the reason I for one still spin records.

Post subject: PINKY, POOCH, HIPPIE, BOBBY V & JOHN CEGLIA
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:51 am 

I am curious guys, did you take requests BITD? How about how you feel about requests today?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:35 pm 

Everyone should take requests. The people want to dance, give them what they want. Plus, you can make a lot of tips in the right place or club.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:23 pm 

JOE D wrote:
Everyone should take requests. The people want to dance, give them what they want. Plus, you can make a lot of tips in the right place or club.

It all depends, you can't play every request or play a dumb ass one either. And the dumb asses come in many shapes and sizes. For example, I had a female manager at a club I was spiining at. In prime time, this bitch asked for "Private Dancer" by Tina Turner. Don't get me wrong this song is great, but not in a club at prime time. No fxxking way! I told her it ain't going to happen anytime soon. She got furious and could not understand why I wouldn't play such a great song. Anyways towards the end of the night I played Private Dancer and the few that were on the floor dancing quickly got off. At that point I used it to get everyone out, cause I wanted to get home. LOL.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

Just like Ray - I would take requests as long as it was something OK to play. "Private Dancer" would probably NOT be one of the tracks I would consider playing when requested (even though it's a great song to listen to).
But I feel requests are OK as long as they fit the "format" and if it's a track that I liked personally so that I could have considered it myself.

// Discoguy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:16 pm 

I cant agree more whit Ray and Discoguy.It all depends.
The only differance is that i never say no.I say that i'll play it soon and it never happens lol

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:58 pm 

King C wrote:
The only differance is that i never say no.I say that i'll play it soon and it never happens lol

Well, at least I did not tell a lie!LOL :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:39 pm 

djrayj wrote:
King C wrote:

Well, at least I did not tell a lie!LOL :wink:

Lies comes in different shapes and sizes Ray.I dont like making people furius.There is always a way to acomplish everything and i think u know that better than me.There are always bitces in a club,bitches who wants the whole club to listen to what SHE wants.She s a client or a manager and propably had 2-3 drinks.Well i would give her one more and a close timing shots so the bitch might get drunk and forget about it without getting furius 8)

Board index » DISCO » Various