Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Various

Post subject: Thak you for invit
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:37 am 

Mr. Pete thak you for invit to this butiful site. It has been along time. Last time we see each other we were red eyed. :twisted: :)

We must talk some more later.

Post subject: Tiger!!
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:15 am 

DJ Tiger Lee!! Yes my friend, I remember very well, I too looked Chinese that day, and we were very RED !! It has been over 15 years. I know that your English is much better today. This site is made for us, old deejays, but I KNOW that you have spinning in HONG KONG for over 12 years. I am anxious to see what music was played in HONG KONG. I am positive, that besides the Anglo Disco, that you played things we never heard of. So welcome aboard Tiger Lee!! Enjoy yourself.

I Love That AVATAR!! And what a great signature!!

Last edited by Pete Denis on Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:24 am 

Glad to have you aboard Tiger! When you get some time post a few tracks you play on that side of the woods.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Tiger,

Welcome on board...
Maybe you can enlighten us on the Hong Kong Disco scene in the 70's/80's ?
I'm very curious to hear about that...

Welcome and Disco-on !

// Discoguy

Post subject: Billy
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:57 pm 

Billy Bob, I remember the many great days we had together. They were fun. Now, Billy Bob is not his real name, he doesn't use his real name anymore. Billy Bob was a drum machine he had when he deejayed. The name stuck! We are glad to have you here, and welcome all you have to say. I do wish, that you join us at The Ranch House. Either way, welcome aboard!

Post subject: Billy Bob?
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:07 am 

Are you the original Pete & Lenny's deejay Billy Bob? Then that makes you R*** A*****. Glad to have you here "Billy Bob". You could jam in your days too. Calling me a HAG is not cool, I am old! So no chance of you going to the Ranch House? Too bad.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:49 am 

Discoguy wrote:
Hi Tiger,

Welcome on board...
Maybe you can enlighten us on the Hong Kong Disco scene in the 70's/80's ?
I'm very curious to hear about that...

Welcome and Disco-on !

// Discoguy

Thank you Mr. Discoguy.
I can not tell you much 70s80s because there was not much to tell. The seen started much in the 90s. Waht I can tell you that theres a club called
Studio78 that play old school and todays music. It is at 2F 78-80 Tong Ren Road, Shanghai, China. Mostly yung professinal go there after work.

I actually do not play dj any more. I mostly do work for family acupuncture. I will name a few clubs that I guest dj at.

Studio78 - Shanghai, China
Big Bamboo - Shanghai, China
Jade on 36 - Shanghai, China
Club JJ’s - Hong Kong
Club Dream Moods - Hong Kong

To much more to remembr. Latr I will put up tracks that are playd.
My regards to all. This is a butiful site.

Post subject: Billy Bob Welcome
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:03 am 

Hey Billy Bob! Man. it's been a long time. I remember those nights when Pete and I would be on breaks from Way off Braodway and visit you at Cats. Good ole Billy Bob was there and you played a few sound effects for us. I'm happy to see you a board. Maybe you can bring us up to speed on the music scene(local talent) in Miami.

Post subject: Tiger Lee
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:52 am 

Tiger Lee, don't be modest, you deejayed many clubs in the your day. For example, I remember when The Shanghai Village was the only place that played English Disco in 1983. It was you who played it. I understand it was 20+ years ago, and many Opium dens later. But, please tell us some of the records you played.

Post subject: The Olympics
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:13 am 

Yo Tiger!! Anything happening in Beijing during the Olympics? Are there extra clubs or is that not allowed? What are the athletes doing at night?

Post subject: I am finally here!
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:27 pm 

Thank you pete, you found the Pinkster herself. Hi guys! I am Pink Lady, a deejay from the city of Brotherly Love! I want to be friends with all of you. And to answer everyones questions, YES!!- I love disco, always have, and I went to Club Mystique in the mid 80's when Pete & Ray tore it up! I was a University Of Miami student, and every Friday & Saturday I was there ripping it on the dance floor. Pete was a very Personal friend who showed me a thing or two, and also gave me a lesson in Disco. Those memories are cherished by me to this day. Now, you can flirt all you want, let me tell you, I go both ways! Yeah, that's right! I am your dream come true! I live with a girlfriend in the South Side of Philly. I work at a Radio Station that does not play Disco. Can't have everything. Am I good looking? Well I am originally from San Fransisco, my parents are both Chinese, so I am a fair skin Asian beauty who is about 5"5", weighing in at about 121 pounds, with a body that I work hard at maintaining fit and trim. I call myself a looker, even though I am now 41 years old. Never been married, no kids. I love to party! Like I said, I am everyone's dream girl!! That is me PINK LADY!!--You will be hearing a lot from me. So if you excuse me, I am going to look around, and get busy!!

Post subject: WOW!!??
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:02 pm 

Pink Lady!! WOW! Well that is one hell of an introduction! They guys here will absolutely love you! Do you ever come back to Miami?? Got to get you in The Ranch House, ASAP!!-- LOL

Post subject: Incredible
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:03 pm 

Incredible all the old timers showing up here. This site really rules! Hello Pink Lady. Never met you, but I was recently told about you. Very interesting person, welcome. Love every thing I read here!

Post subject: I hated.....
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:12 am 

I hated to see the new member that just joined. ELPATO terrorized me in other sites, now has followed me here! We are in for a bad time with him here. For you that dont know, he is a flaming queen, who hates straight men. HELP! DO SOMETHING!!

PETE'S NOTE:: I am well aware of who he is! I know what he is, and have felt his nasty verbiage before. Have no fear, UNDERDOG is here. I already sent him a PM, advising him that I will be watching, and that this site is all about the music,the clubs and the deejays. I will not tolerate his BS, my finger is on the trigger, same thing I told YOU! BEHAVE!

Post subject: Hi Guys!!
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:44 am 

Hi Guys!!! I am here just for u. I saw that Fat Finley is worried, well dont be. I will behave, as long as you do. CHULO, I am here looking to get reaquainted. I know you all missed me. So I had to come here. Bernie wasnt the same without u. I think I will get more action here. BYE,BYe for now

Board index » DISCO » Various