Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Various

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Today's Music
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:39 pm 

I understand that a "Boston Buffoon" like me doesn't carry the weight of some of the other guys here. But in my opinion, it lacks the soul that disco had. They seem to know that themselves as you can tell by how often they sample old disco. Great example is Rihanna. But I loved that set that Pete did of new music. He gave it the soul & energy the original versions lacked.

Post subject: Rihanna
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:45 am 

So far, what I have heard from Rihanna I like. She seems to be making a concentrated effort to be the next Dance Queen. At least here in the States. I saw a 12" vinyl record of hers in a store! She has the look, the voice the talent to become the next really big thing. She goes way beyond Pop and MTV. She might be the real deal!

Post subject: New Music
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:30 am 

The new Electronic (Trance, etc.) is mostly very likable but yes i'm not a big fan of the Regaetton wave & some of the other related material.

Post subject: Reggeton
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:34 am 

Speaking of Reggetton, talk about sounding the same. I bet the female vocalist that sings on all the reggetton tracks is the same chic. Sounds like the same girl anyways. But, I do admitt that some of the reggetton tracks are "FUNNY" as crap.

Post subject: CRAP
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:10 pm 

You got the right two words, FUNNY & CRAP

Post subject: Junior!!
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:12 am 

Hey, it is JUNIOR! About time you show up. Glad you found time, relax a little son, don't work so hard!

Post subject: Pepe
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:41 am 

I try to balance as much as I can, but sometimes it's very hard. I'll respond to the Tuttle's later in the other column (Best Memory). Good to always hear from you. You are the "Original Pepe".

Post subject: Pepito!!
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:03 am 

Hi Junior! The little one surfaces. Remember me, Ed Martin, the guy who would hire Pete for mobile gigs. That in turn, he would let you fill in for him. The guy with the two teenage sons? Well they are both married now, and I am a grandfather! So you like some of today's music. One question, WHY??

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:53 am 

http://discofromouterspace.blogspot.com ... y-bay.html
check this out, it's a cosmic / space disco / unclassified boogie mix done by someone called Milkybay, with Borschki's new orchestral QUIET PLEASE right in the beginning. Does new music come better than this track?

Post subject: Quiet Please
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:45 pm 

Thanks Jussi, I'll check it out when I get home from work. Curious to hear it!!!

Post subject: I listened
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:01 pm 

Jussi, I am always upfront. This is DISCO FROM OUTER SPACE? This is the latest thing in clubs? Well, I guess that I am still down here on Earth, this did nothing for me at all. I guess if I was high on some drug, it might be cool. But I am not. If this is what passes as today's disco, then I will have to take a pass. I will stay in the disco era, with Barry White, and Donna Summer and my HANG ON IN THERE BABY, and DATE WITH THE RAIN. I could play it, but I would not want to. I guess I am strictly DISCO TO DEATH!! In comparison, well, I can't compare! Apples and oranges. I understand that I am "limiting" myself. But playing this stuff?? Give me Cerrone, give me Voyage, hell, I will even take Pamala Stanley. Leave this for today's generation of club goers and "new age" deejays with their technology and lap-tops. ME? Old disco, and turntables. I must really sound old, guess I am. I faced that fact many years ago. and guess what, I deal with it, and though I don't spin in "clubs"; I spun in the best DISCOS ever! I will live & die with those memories. This was a big build up to "Quiet Please", and from my perspective, it was a let down. PULSAR, QUARTZ and KEBECKELEKRIK were much better! I will remain a dinosaur, love my music. But..... I will say this, give me a few copies of this "song", and I will give you a re-mix, that would improve this song, ten times over!

Post subject: This Is It??
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:44 pm 

This is what all the fuss is about? Then I am disappointed. TRANCE? In the late 60's and early 70's there actually was music like this too. It was called "trip" music. Used mostly for those who enjoyed acid and LSD rides. I bet that on X, this song rocks. But to a totally straight-laced individual like me, it was boring!

Post subject: Quiet Please!
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:00 pm 

No more! QUIET PLEASE!! This has to stop. Calling this the "next big thing" is wrong. Maybe in Finland, or Austria this is HOT> but do you guys ever get hot? I mean the temperature is in the 30's or so. HOT is in the 90's! Here, this is cold! HOT it is not! Do not want to sound bitchy, but it is not worthy! CHILL music, cold. Not Hot!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:01 pm 

This to me sounds like what is called "Chill" music. It supposed to be just to listen to, not really dance to. You sit, put stuff like this and trip on something.

No disrespect intended. There's likes for everyone, that's why God made colors. But this color I do not like.

Post subject: Oh Oh
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:37 pm 

Now I really can't wait to get home to hear what the fuss is about!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » DISCO » Various