Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Various

Post subject: Loved the 70's 80's it was a more peaceful time
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:41 am 

and I loved disco music. There was none, such a great energy. It was a euphoria of happiness back in the 70's, eighties walking into the disco club, people where coming together - laughing, smiling, dancing. The community was coming together. It was or It seemed to be more of a peaceful time too. My cares were few. Come Friday or Saturday I would put on my 501s', boots, tank top, leather arm band, take the train over to the Bistro (Chicago's HOT disco) Order my Rum and cokes, Ice teas, 7/7's and dance the whole night long. Remember the Carol Douglas? she sang "Doctors Orders' - my first live performer. I don't know is she lip synched or she was really singing; I didn't care. I loved that energy. Fast forward (gasp) 25 years I'm an artist in Orlando Florida. Listen to the oldies while I create. I turn on my Sirius Radio, to the disco station, pull out my blank canvas and acrylic paints and create. durkART (durkart.com) :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:39 pm 

I agree that the 70's were a more peaceful time, a time of celebrating and great energy. The music surely was there for partying and good times and the clubs were a much safer place, especially compared to now. But was life better then??

I seem to come back on the word 'safe' when I think of the 70's. Even sex was safer then. The world all in all a much safer place to live and travel in. Were people friendlier then? Or did we just not notice any
negative people??

These days I avoid the clubs; to much hassle, to much violence and drugs.
And where are all my friends??
The music has changed from soulful to blank, from great to mediocre, most clubmusic sounds the same imo...what's left of that old spirit that McFadden & Whitehead sung about; 'ain't no stopping us Now'?

don't think that these thoughts are coming from an old grumpy person! I still love good times, there's a lot of great music coming out (although one has to really dig deeper to find it!). My record collection is still intact and growing!! And I am lucky enough to make a living out of creating new music that is filled with the spirit and vibe of the music I have allways loved; Disco!

thanks for sharing your experience...durkART. It reflected my own for a moment.

Post subject: Good days
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:21 pm 

Yes Brooklyn when i was growing up then was the best everything the feeling the people it was just euphoria!!!!

Post subject: 70's were more peaceful?
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:31 am 

I think we all would like to think that, that it was more peaceful and innocent in the 1970's. It wasn't, we just forget. The 70's were brutal; SON OF SAM, The Hillside Strangler, John Wayne Gacey,The Zodiac Killer, The Palestinian-Israel conflicts, The Russian-Afghan war, the Soviet Iron Grip in Western Europe. Then how about the birth of the GANG WARS, the Cocaine Cowboy Wars. There were many child abductions that we never heard about, no AMBER SYSTEM!The big difference, today media, including the internet, puts it all in your face for you to see. Back then, thirty-five years, we all didn't know what was going on, not everything made the news, so we didn't see or hear about all the bad. The good news, the drugs were better!!!

Post subject: Peaceful??
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:21 pm 

You must have been sheltered. Remember, THE VIETNAM WAR? How about the Iranian Hostage Crisis? The 70's were bad, not as bad as today, but no walk in the park.

Board index » DISCO » Various