Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers

Post subject: Pooch Disturbed
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:26 pm 

To all my fellow members,

Back in October 2008, my friend Rob of 35 years turned me on to this wonderful website. Then Pete Denis emailed me and I became a member. I found this place to be exciting to a point. All these DJ's from around the world exchanging information, history, great stuff. Then, Pete & Claes spend two weeks interviewing me for the site. Well, I was elated when the Bio was posted. I am now part of worldwide history. That is thanks to Rob Forte & Pete Denis and Claes.
A few months ago, there was all this confusion as I understand it, about some people on this site not being real. This information is based on IP addresses, that they all come from the same place. I spoke to my brother-in-law, he is a computer wiz. He explained to me that IP adrresses can be the same and that they are defined by a provider radius. Look, I do not pretend to understand that stuff. There were accusations that some of our members were fabrications. It is what it is. So a bunch of people get into a dispute and they leave our site. Pete Denis still made some posts and contributed to our site. There was some disputes again. Then to my dismay, some very negative comments were made and some profound curse words were used. I was insulted when this particular comment was made on almost every thread including the Barry Lederer Memorial thread. The fact that in a thread about an Icon of our time, a memorial post no less, about my FRIEND, also had this insulting comment drove me into the frey. I had contacted Claes and with respect, he removed that particular post.

Now to the point of this thread. Mr. Pete Denis has forwarded to me some emails that he is receiving from Europe. They have bogus email addresses. They taunt Pete and in one email they say "we stole your thunder, we have Pooch" --"You lost him" and even send the links with my posts. Well, first off, nobody owns me. I am happy to contribute to this site and share my thoughts, memories and history for others to appreciate. I have a great deal of respect for Pete Denis, I know people that know him. Funny how we never met but yet know so many of the same people. nevertheless, I am personally asking the persons responsible for these emails to STOP!!!! You have no right to use me or my reputation in some personal vendetta. IF there is a continuation of these kind of childish assaults on Pete Denis, then I will be forced to discontinue my contributions to our site. If this means that I risk the loss of my Bio that Claes spent so much time on, it is what it is. I will still live on. So I ask again, with respect to all parties, Please discontinue the email assaults on Pete Denis and the use of my good name.
Thank you
I reamain with respect to all,
Dan Pooch Pucciarelli

Post subject: Re: Pooch Disturbed
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:37 am 

DanPooch wrote:
.......They taunt Pete and in one email they say "we stole your thunder, we have Pooch" --"You lost him" and even send the links with my posts....

I hope and would think that no one on this site did this.
That is immature behavior.
I hope no one does this to me; I put my heart & soul into the music.
I hope no one would use me or Patty-Ann's name as evidence just to make a point.
If someone, anyone here, is involved in that kind of behavior please stop.
It is not adult.

Jay

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:22 am 
Site Admin

Yes - we don't want or need any of this kind of behavior.
I really hope no one from this site is using your (or anyone else's) name for any personal interests or vendettas.
We're all happy to have you around Pooch, your contributions & posts are always of great quality and insight. So keep them coming ! :D

// Discoguy

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:04 am 

There's no any emails from Europe to this person from me or any of my friends here!
There's no time to loose with ''personal vendetta'' thing!
There's no secret that you are a member at his site and you post everyday there,so what's all this "we stole your thunder, we have Pooch" --"You lost him" case?It's no-sence!
There's no any same IP address from three different states of USA!
There's a lot of respect to you and your past work so nobody wants to use your name or your good fame for anything here Pooch!!!!
Everybody appreciate you and your posts here.
And all the time this person is not here,Disco-Disco forum is the most gently and peaceful site!!!!

Best - George Siras

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:50 pm 

To All,
You will please note that I did NOT make an accusation toward anyone. I did NOT point a finger. I merely stated my dismay and the essence of the situation. I do not pretend to know this IP stuff. All I am asking is that there be peace and that no one use anyones name except in praise. I am also a member at other sites, (since I started this internet thing) so to single out anyones site is redundent. Let there be peace and the continued exchange of ideas, history and knowledge among us. ANYONE should be able to post here if they stay within the realms of respect.

I look forward to my contributions and my continued education from others. Others means EVERYONE.
Respect to all,

Pooch

Oh Yeah, I dug some more stuff out of my 45's. Get it posted soon. Thanks

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:00 pm 

I respect you Dan and everyone else who is not trying to fool someone that i know,even from here.There is not a "thunder" thing here.Nobody owns nobody.The only thing that exists is respect to people who are trying hard to keep this music alive.PD didn't know how to unzip a zipped file.Can you please tell me how did he become a computer freak and now he knows the European IP addresses?I'm not waiting for an answer.I am just trying to keep this site alive.This thing with the e-mails from Europe is fake.As far as i am concerned,i don't let anybody fool me with that kind of stuff and i am sure that you are not leting anyone either Dan.I try to stay focused in that thing that got me here and the common thing that keeps us together.Disco Music...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:30 pm 

So now what's the point of your thread Dan?
I mean you talkin' about childish assaults,some emails from Europe (with no any proofs about that) and that ANYONE should be able to post here.....There's only one person that can't post here!!!!
Is this the problem?Because for all of us here it's NOT!
This thread needs another title,Drama has finished long time ago here!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:05 pm 

You know, I was pretty neutral and I was not specific as to who was making any comments. Those mails were forwarded to me. I read them, I deleted afterwards. Had I thought that I would need them to prove anything to anyone, I would have posted them. I do not feel that this needs to go on anylonger, it appears that you are now defending and becoming aggresive. Every comment I have made has had an air of respect, unlike the comments that were posted on my threads. I think that you should chill out a bit. Think about what are saying to me. I tell you right now, THINK before you say anything else to me. Also, I do not know how to unzip a file. (I know my own zipper) LOL
Pooch

PS
Wait till you see the two gems I pulled out of my 45 collection, Oh baby!!
PPSS
George? Did not know yur name was George, my name is Dan.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:18 pm 

OK Dan,please next time post them!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:24 pm 

If I receive any again, I will save them and post them. All is well George?
Dan

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:26 pm 

Everything is well Dan!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:29 pm 

Good man. Now get back to posting some the music that warps our minds!!
Pooch

Post subject: misunderstanding
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:41 am 

There's a big misunderstanding here.Some days ago I send a hard spam-post to many of you about the ''person''.That wasn't my best move here,maybe was the worst but sometimes there's no any other way to react!!!!
Unfortunately that spam-post hits even Dan's thread about Barry Lederer Memorial....
That's why Dan Pooch has every right to say here that he is disturbed....It wasn't my point to show any kind of disrespect to Barry Lederer's name or to Dan's thread and I am really very sorry about it.......

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:25 pm 

It takes a BIG man to admit when he is wrong on such a vast scale. A true gentleman has made a statement that we all should give applause too.
I thank you, and hope that we all can move on and continue to exchange our ideas, knowledge, history and experiences as one.

Danny Pooch

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:19 am 

Dancer will always have my applause no matter what.

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers