Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers

Post subject: Re: It's about how good you suck Dick.
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:11 pm 

djrayj wrote:
Soul-Boy wrote:
djrayj wrote:
I am no fool Ray
Mike[/b]

Soul-Boy, I hope you didn't think I meant you to be the fool! Cause I did not! I only meant that if the list was put into perspective in some way when originally posted, it woud 've eased the pain. You get me? :wink:

All is good my brother.

oh, The subject has nothing to do with you. It's just what I thought some of those deejays did at one point or another.

Ray,
You know I respect you a hell of a lot and your opinion is one that I will always note and take on board..In hindsight I probaly could have worded my post a little better but don't sweat it. Text messages and posts can come across not the way you intented sometimes. As Frank said "Thats Life"....much love to ya Ray!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:45 am 

For real musical knowledge, style and inventiveness I'd go for Nicola Conte of Italy: jazzy stuff, cinematic moods, bossa, brazilelectro etc. The big names in the lists are good of course in their field and can be trusted to present a storming set but still, many depend on pre-mixed cds and serato. Kinda insulting. Not so Mr Conte, he is an artisan among the pure technicans.

I'd place Sven Väth to the upper regions of the lists, he has a flowing, operatic style.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:01 pm 

Soul-Boy I think your point is well taken. The list is and will always be a campaign tool for whoever wants to be the best. Tiesto was a nobody till he and his friends started there campaign for him to be considered the best DJ in the world. Now the people that go out to see him believe it. Does it matter that he's not? It should but the public really isn't informed to the in's of DJing. Billboard use to have there Billboard awards back in the late 70's up until 1980. Every DJ from every state would win DJ of the year and there would be a nation wide winner. The voting was done by media, pools, labels and (most importantly) DJ's within that state. It was still a popularity contest but at least Dj's were voting on the DJ they considered the best. There wasn't one Joe Public in the mix. Maybe DJ Times should consider that when they do these contest. And all it takes is watching any of the gazillions of TV contest shows to know that the public usually gets it wrong when it comes to talent contest.

http://myspace.com/hippietorrales

http://hippietorrales.podOmatic.com

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:24 pm 

Hippie Torrales wrote:
Soul-Boy I think your point is well taken. The list is and will always be a campaign tool for whoever wants to be the best. Tiesto was a nobody till he and his friends started there campaign for him to be considered the best DJ in the world. Now the people that go out to see him believe it. Does it matter that he's not? It should but the public really isn't informed to the in's of DJing. Billboard use to have there Billboard awards back in the late 70's up until 1980. Every DJ from every state would win DJ of the year and there would be a nation wide winner. The voting was done by media, pools, labels and (most importantly) DJ's within that state. It was still a popularity contest but at least Dj's were voting on the DJ they considered the best. There wasn't one Joe Public in the mix. Maybe DJ Times should consider that when they do these contest. And all it takes is watching any of the gazillions of TV contest shows to know that the public usually gets it wrong when it comes to talent contest.

Hippie,
Some great points you got there. As I mentioned earlier in my posts. There is only one thing you can draw from those BS lists and that is that there is a big difference of opinion in what the Americans & Europeans consider a good club dj. However this is not my opinion as a Europeane, as there are only a handfull of Europeane djs that I would pay good money to see but on the other hand I would gladly hand over money to see alot of American Djs. As one of the active djs out there, did you on your travels see a wide varience in stlye and sound betwen the two opposing party's or do you see it in more simpler terms than that?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:27 am 

Jussi wrote:
For real musical knowledge, style and inventiveness I'd go for Nicola Conte of Italy: jazzy stuff, cinematic moods, bossa, brazilelectro etc. The big names in the lists are good of course in their field and can be trusted to present a storming set but still, many depend on pre-mixed cds and serato. Kinda insulting. Not so Mr Conte, he is an artisan among the pure technicans.

I'd place Sven Väth to the upper regions of the lists, he has a flowing, operatic style.

good call jussi.
the schema label is getting stronger in the UK.

ktf.
darren :D 8)

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers