Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers

Post subject: Sorry Mike!
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:06 pm 

I did go after the messenger. My bad, sorry Mike!

Post subject: True!
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:10 pm 

Soul-Boy, Pete is right, so were you. I was wrong. I usually am!! LOL Come on, ease up. But I agree with you Soul-Boy, this list does seem bogus.

Post subject: UURRGGHHH
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:14 pm 

It tears me apart admitting I was out of line. But after careful review, I am wrong! I Fu***** apologize! Mike, forgive me for jumping down your throat!. My bad!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

Mike !

I totally understand your point of view. You wanted to start a discussion as these crap lists sometimes seems like they pulled names out of a hat...
So I really can't understand all the upset feelings. I would never think this was YOUR list of top DJ's of the world.
Actually I think these kind of lists are kind of funny and just like you I think they might be worth discussing...
So guys - instead of pulling shit on Mike like he was giving you all HIS list of top DJ's - let's get creative and think about who you think SHOULD have been on that list. OK - we've got some obvious guys we all want to be on the list - but if we focus on the ones still active regularly in clubs...

Should guys like David Morales, Frankie Knuckles etc. have been on the list?
Or what about "Disco DJ's" like Joey Negro or Dimitri From Paris...
You know - which people do you think should have been on the list ??

// Discoguy

Post subject: Re: I can't stand this!!
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:25 pm 

Pete Denis wrote:
MIKE!! I THINK THAT NO-ONE THINKS YOU TRIED TO INSULT ANYONE. I THINK THIS LIST IS A COMPLETE JOKE. YOU TRY TO SHOW US WHAT THE "GENERAL PUBLIC" HAD TO SAY. BUT IF YOU LOOK OVER THESE LISTS CAREFULLY, THEY MAKE NO SENSE WHAT-SO-EVER. UNITED STATES DEEJAYS GOT SHAFTED IN A BIG WAY. AND ME BEING ON THIS LIST IS EQUALLY DUMB. I DON'T SPIN ANYWHERE. BUT WHERE IS GEORGE SIRAS? DJ MEME/ MANY OTHERS. EASE UP. DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY, I DIDN'T!

Hey no damage done!..I a'int gonna throw my rattle out of my pram just yet!..LOL

BTW,

I think there is one intresting point that I can see among'st the two BS lists and that is the world list was voted by European's and the American was voted by the Americans so it shows that there is a wide gulf between what the Americans & European's believe constitutes a good club Dj.
I think the only people that have any sense are the people gathered on this site as we all appreciate the different flavours of disco..Amen!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:43 pm 

hi goodly folk of this here forum.

i love a list. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
it was most probably put together by a few promoters.imo.
in the UK we have a pile of s**t called the charts.it tells us all who we are listening to,what sort of music we like.
yeah,right oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!................
it's all bollox.we all like differant DJ's and differant genres of music.

soul-boy,more power to you,for showing us that there is a clown out there trying to tell us what we like.
these DJ's have know soul,let's mix this,let's mix that.if i wanted to mix something i get the moulinex master chef out.

ktf.
darren :lol: 8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:50 pm 

darren wrote:
soul-boy,more power to you,for showing us that there is a clown out there trying to tell us what we like.
these DJ's have know soul,let's mix this,let's mix that.if i wanted to mix something i get the moulinex master chef out
ktf.
darren :lol: 8)

You know me brother...I live by the same motto as you...Keep The Faith
!

Post subject: It's about how good you suck Dick.
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:24 pm 

Well, I think everyone here knows Soul-Boy didn't mean any harm. Like Pete said, he's only the messenger. But, the messenger should sometimes read what the message is before he delivers it. In this case, just analyzing and comparing both lists you can see it did not make any sense. It would’ve been a worthy post to discredit it mentioning it had no merit of "This is Bogus"! (or FxxKED UP).

Post subject: Re: It's about how good you suck Dick.
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:43 pm 

djrayj wrote:
Well, I think everyone here knows Soul-Boy didn't mean any harm. Like Pete said, he's only the messenger. But, the messenger should sometimes read what the message is before he delivers it. In this case, just analyzing and comparing both lists you can see it did not make any sense. It would’ve been a worthy post to discredit it mentioning it had no merit of "This is Bogus"! (or FxxKED UP).

I am no fool Ray, believe me when I say that I analyzed both lists with a microscope. They did not make sense to me either, thats why I posted them. Then on reflection, like I said earlier, you have two polls that one is Europeane and the other is American. So I came to the conclusion that there might be a wide gulf in opinion to what constitutes a good dj today. Just a thought but it a'int set in concrete!

My respect

Mike

Post subject: Too big a disparity!
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:53 pm 

The real problem I have, is that there is TOO BIG a disparity in these lists. All the US deejays were basically ignored! Now, I understand that the US is behind the rest of the world in the deejay talent today. The US is too Rap/Hip-Hop oriented, and still not up to the European & South American nuDisco craze. But come on... there has to be some great ones here!! And honestly, just let me get a steady gig, or a tour of your continent, and that list will change drastically as I expose all the frauds, with how it should be done!! Just an old asshole's opinion!!

Post subject: They Love You Mikey
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:59 pm 

DON'T GET IT TWISTED, Mikey!!!--> THEY LOVE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU.

I see it - so does Pete, especially!!!

I have had my differences with the crowd and when I was down & hurting you were one to pick me up from the ground. I am here for you buddy!!!!

I'm sure I was on somebody's list in 1977-79.
I just hope to be on Patty's list these days.
(That's my baby!)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Right Pete...

But guys - we all know this list is worth nothing - but as I've requested earlier - WHO do you think really should be on such a list ?? Name DJ's you think should be there !!

/ Discoguy

Post subject: DANCER!!
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:03 pm 

From current "working" deejays, DANCER should definitely be on it. So should Scott Blackwell, and DJ Meme. Those are just off the top of my head! Let me investigate a little, I'll come back to that subject!!

Post subject: Re: Too big a disparity!
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:20 pm 

Pete Denis wrote:
The real problem I have, is that there is TOO BIG a disparity in these lists. All the US deejays were basically ignored! Now, I understand that the US is behind the rest of the world in the deejay talent today. The US is too Rap/Hip-Hop oriented, and still not up to the European & South American nuDisco craze. But come on... there has to be some great ones here!! And honestly, just let me get a steady gig, or a tour of your continent, and that list will change drastically as I expose all the frauds, with how it should be done!! Just an old asshole's opinion!!

Thats what i'm talking about!....that's the man I love...now your motivated!..an opinion from an old man yes!..Lol...but a good one!..If its the last thing I do, I am gonna get your ass over to my neck of the woods to cause a hell of a stir in the UK clubs....to be continued!

Post subject: Re: It's about how good you suck Dick.
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:51 pm 

Soul-Boy wrote:
djrayj wrote:
I am no fool Ray
Mike[/b]

Soul-Boy, I hope you didn't think I meant you to be the fool! Cause I did not! I only meant that if the list was put into perspective in some way when originally posted, it woud 've eased the pain. You get me? :wink:

All is good my brother.

oh, The subject has nothing to do with you. It's just what I thought some of those deejays did at one point or another.

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers