Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers

Post subject: WHAT CLUB DID YOU DISLIKE THE MOST
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:26 am 

WHAT CLUB DID YOU DISLIKE THE MOST AND TELL WHY!!
UP TO YOU TO NAME THE REASONS WHAEVER THEY MAY BE...

Last edited by DJ Chulo on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: ????????
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:33 am 

Dislike to go to????? or dislike to work at????
If I disliked it--I didn't go.
I didn't dislike clubs---maybe I disliked the music.
If a DJ was playing that I didn't like his music,,,I did not go there.

I disliked working at Wednesdays. The clientele was too uptight there. Too conservative for me. Worked there 2x then I quit.

Post subject: DISLIKE??
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:39 am 

In New York City, I did not dislike any club! Now MIAMI!! Different story here. I hated a place I actually worked in. SAMMY'S EAST SIDE! Why?- The place sucked. DRUGS, whores, dealers, con men, DRUGS, dirty cops, DRUGS, the nasty smell of the place, DRUGS, the one stall bathroom, the small size of the place, DRUGS, the roach infested kitchen. The roach infested food! I can go on, but you get the idea! And I disliked an ICON here CASANOVAS. I hated the place. Nasty, sleazy, and direct competition. Another place I disliked was called RICK'S BAR. Located in a Sheraton, it was dark and nasty. Can't put a finger on it, but I certainly dis-liked the place!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:44 am 

PETE VENT MY BROTHER HALLELUJAH

Post subject: No Doubt
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:53 am 

Easy Answer! STUDIO 54! Could not get in, after a few dozen times, I got to hate the place. I was HAPPY when it got busted! LOL I still laugh today.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:56 am 

EASY MARI I GUESS THE ANSWER TO THAT WAS YOU WERE NOT GAY ITNOUGHT...LOL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:12 am 

The biggest and best Boston had to offer! BOSTON BOSTON. It was too pricey, cheesy and full of conceited people. Then I went to NYC once, and hated a club called TOWNHOUSE 48 that was slimy, filthy, dark and dangerous. The deejay sucked big time too. Long haired PR who would not even acknowledge that you are standing there , trying to ask for a song. SNOBBISH city!! Hated it!!

Post subject: Hey Fin
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:18 am 

You weren't requesting FUNKYTOWN---were you?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:27 am 

I think he, FINLEY is talking about the one and only, JOHN "JELLYBEAN" Benitez!! LOL And you know that Jellybean never played requests!

Post subject: EL CENTRO ESPANOL
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:32 am 

In Ybor city here in Tampa,there was a club called EL Centro Espanol. They played mostly Salsa. And I wanted Disco. But it was the only club I could get into at that time. In Miami Beach, 1235, had a strict door policy. I don't know what it was, but I never could enjoy myself there.

Post subject: Many!!
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:53 pm 

I hated CASANOVAS. I hated CLUB Z. All in Miami. Also the elitist FACES IN THE GROVE. Could not stand them, never went.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:35 pm 

Well, talking where I went, That would have to be Studio 54, the only thing there worth it was Richie. The place was FULL of snobs,assholes, snobs, too many dressed up queens, body guards, watered down drinks, snobs.
Talking where I played, that would be a place called Dixieland, in Whales, England. I can't believe that I got booked there. This place was older than dirt. They had a mobile dj booth setup with belt driven turntables along side a stage. The speakers in my bedroom are better than what they had there. The crowd chanted "we want Jerry" over and over (thier regular DJ)till about my third record when they realized I was doing something different. Despite the fact that I kicked thier ass and finally won them over for an hour of mixing, it was the most dingy looking, smelly, low class place I never want to be in.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:53 pm 

DanPooch wrote:
Well, talking where I went, That would have to be Studio 54, the only thing there worth it was Richie. The place was FULL of snobs,assholes, snobs, too many dressed up queens, body guards, watered down drinks, snobs.
Talking where I played, that would be a place called Dixieland, in Whales, England. I can't believe that I got booked there. This place was older than dirt. They had a mobile dj booth setup with belt driven turntables along side a stage. The speakers in my bedroom are better than what they had there. The crowd chanted "we want Jerry" over and over (thier regular DJ)till about my third record when they realized I was doing something different. Despite the fact that I kicked thier ass and finally won them over for an hour of mixing, it was the most dingy looking, smelly, low class place I never want to be in.

As you know Dan, Wales is part of the UK. So not only does your story humour me but it also interests me. Can you recall what year it was? Did they understand the concept of the live mix or did they not have a f***ing clue what was going on? I suspect what they thought they were hearing and what they were actually hearing, were two totally different things. It totally frustrates me to this day that the UK did not adopt the style of the live remix. Very few clubs to this day will have a dj that incoporates a live remix into his set over hear in the UK. All everybody seems to think about is how seamless there mix is. In a lot of cases the programming is also sacrificed to cater for the seamless mix, which makes no sense to me whatsoever!...This is one of the reasons that I enjoy this site Dan as I get the oppurtunity to hear dj's doing live remixes in there sets..Anyway...enough already with the ranting...thanks for the post as it is always interesting to hear your views and I hope the forum is fortunate to hear more contributions from your goodself in 2009.
Seasons Greetings Dan and all the best for 2009...

BTW..belt-driven turntables....now thats funny..LOL

Regards

Michael
(Soul-Boy)

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers