Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:40 am 

For me it was INFINITY on Braodway, NYC. I had loved the sound system, the neon lights at the top of the pillars. Hanging with Burgess in the booth was as close as I ever got.
Danny Pooch

Post subject: The Pooch
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:31 am 

It is a funny world. I started this thread, but I was waiting for someone, anyone, to think like me. Danny, I think this is the beginning of a long friendship my man. There is only one club that I ever really WANTED to spin in. And You my friend, nailed it. I too, would have loved to spin at INFINITY. And like you, the closest I got was hanging with Jimmy in the booth, and for just a few minutes at a time. He created magic there. I wanted it to rub off on me. I think it did, in learning all that I could from the man. Forget 54, or LIMELIGHT, or BOND'S or even PARADISE GARAGE(even though, I believe that if a really great LIVE mixing deejay would have worked there, the world would have been his). The only club that really tickled my fancy was INFINITY. And in South Florida, all the clubs were cool. But I spun at the two clubs I really wanted. They being MENAGE and of course, CLUB MYSTIQUE. So, only one is INFINITY!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:11 pm 

You mean during the late 70's? 54...never, hated that crowd. Too old, no style. Paradise Garage...of course but I would not have been good enough and I have a feeling they would not have gone for my copy of "Pretty Maid" by Pretty Maid Company. Le Palace? hmmm...pourquoi pas. Heaven in London? Well, so happens I did play there, but that was 20 years later. No, I would have loved to spin at this one club I went to in Leningrad in the former Soviet Union, cannot recall the name. Why there? Cause the crowd was so desperately HUNGRY for good music, and I could have shown them how. The dj there was the worst ever, he just dropped the needle on the vinyl and hoped for the best. Still, the vibe was unbeliveable. Other clubs and bars in that city programmed stuff that was 5 years old but this club was apparently the place to go for new western sounds, and there was an apocalyptic reaction for each record. People not only danced, they pogoed frantically too excited to control themselves. And the women - cheekbones, long legs, think supermodel. Ah.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:19 pm 

POGOED?? What is that? Jumping up and down?? Playing in Lenningrad? Interesting. I would have been afraid of the KGB!! Cuban refugees were looked at as Spies!! LOL-- But I like the idea of the Russian Supermodel types!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:33 pm 

I would have LOVED to hear Pooch play at infinity!!!!!! He would have turned that place out. What a sound system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rob

Post subject: Lenningrad
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:03 pm 

OK,so forget Infinity,12West,Backstreet,54 or Paradise Garage.By far Lenningrad is the place for the future of Disco DJs :shock:
Where are the Supermodels????

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:25 pm 

Hey Pete,
Well we do have a lot in common. I can't tell you what it feels like to be in the booth at Infinity and yet to be so far away. understand? I would try to think what it would be like to play on those Thorens turntables with the GLI mixer. But, I have to say, I would'nt mind playing at the Garage, I spent a lot of nights in the booth with Larry and David Depino when he played. What a wonderful Richard Long sound system. Not to step on anyones talent, but I always felt that I could TURN THEM OUT.
Dan

Post subject: Danny?
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:55 pm 

I know what you mean! Hey, are you getting my PMs? I have not recieved a response from you. Are you coming down for the Winter Music Conference, the last week in March? I want to confirm if you are going to the DISCO-DISCO.COM ULTIMATE DISCO PARTY? And your Bio stuff also? EMAIL me at pdvyniljunkie@aol.com. There might be something wrong with my PM's operation. I have been losing a lot of correspondence!- Pete

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers