Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers

Post subject: Bob Sinclar interview circa 2000
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:52 pm 

Sydney Australia. 2000. I had a show on 98.7 Rhythm FM. I played a wide variety of dance music. During this time I had the opportunity to speak with Bob Sinclar. :)

He's a lovely chap.

It was live on air via phone & I was so nervous (so nervous in fact that my adrenalin rush made me speak quickly & at a higher pitch like I'd been sucking a helium filled balloon) & Bobs' answers to my questions were delivered with such a heavy French accent that I had trouble understanding what he was saying half the time. :lol:

I was given 5 minutes which I just stretched to about 10 because we were having such a good time shooting the breeze about his disco influences in the recording of his new album (at the time) "Champs Elyssees" :D

Enjoy.

*****LINK EXPIRED***** PM me if you would like to have a copy.

Last edited by pflext on Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:59 pm 

"A LOVELY CHAP" ?? WTF does that mean. Don't ever call me a lovely anything. Sounds like something the HOBOKEN Patos would like?? As for Misour Sinclair, I like a lot of his stuff. Does he ever SPIN anymore?

Post subject: Hat's Off!
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:18 pm 

I thought you came across very confidently but at the time not over-bearing!..The interview was very informative and intresting and as the interview progressed a mutal respect for one another was apparent...
Man that BS goes the whole nine yards ..he's a jack of all trades...BTW..had no trouble understanding both your accents..you especially came across crisp and clear!

Great work Paul & Hats Off to Ya!

Keep The Faith!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:27 pm 

Pete Denis wrote:
"A LOVELY CHAP" ?? WTF does that mean. Don't ever call me a lovely anything. Sounds like something the HOBOKEN Patos would like?? As for Misour Sinclair, I like a lot of his stuff. Does he ever SPIN anymore?

"Lovely chap" - English 60s vernacular. An Australian equivalent would be "nice bloke" :wink:
He still spins occasionaly preferring these days to do the festival circuit. He performed out here last year (dj set only).
It would have been nice to see him do his stuff live incorporating all the musos & vocalists but I guess it's just to expensive these days. :(

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:37 pm 

I knew that! I was simply busting balls. I still like the Aussie "terms" much better then the English(Sorry Mike) ones. But in Spanish, it all sounds so much more, what word am I looking for, PINGU. BALLSY!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:03 am 

That's good to know mate. I've been flat out like a lizard drinkin' lately an now I jus wanna relax n avagoodweegend.
It's already gotten of to a flying start. Went to have a squizz @ Stevie Wonder last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG4p6FYz ... re=related

Big stadium gig. 15,000 or more. Lineup ta get in was slower than a wet week. We ripped the scabs off a few tinnies when we got inside & were half cut when Stevie came on & delivered an amazing 2 hour show. He still sings everything in the original key. His voice is amazing. The sound was crystal. One highlight was a didgeridoo version of "Superstition". The didge copied Stevies clavinet riff & was played by an aboriginal musician. Ya wouldn't see that anywhere else but here.
Time to throw another shrimp on the barbie mate. 8)

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers