Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers

Post subject: Dan "Pooch" Pucciarelli
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:44 pm 

I am very happy to find and become a member of this site. To my dismay, I did not find any info on DJ Dan (Pooch) Pucciarelli. I am a dance club groupie since 1974. I followed Dan from club to club in Brooklyn, New York City and New Jersey from 1975 - 1990. I was there the night in 1979 when he was given a gold record from Sylvester at the Nite Gallery in Brooklyn. I know he was the first Dj ever in Brooklyn to get one. This guy was one of the best dj's ever. Along with guys like Burgess and Bobby Dj who I also had the pleasure of hearing. Also, I know Dan traveled to England and Germany to play numerous times. How is a guy with to much history to mention here, missed on this web site?????

confused
Rforte

Post subject: I, don't know Him.
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:08 pm 

Simple answer, I don't know him, or of him. But it sure sounds like you do. So be my guest, tell us about him. Where he worked, why we missed him. I know that there have been dozens and dozens of Great deejays that have been overlooked. I wish that wasn't true. But it remains a fact. So if you can open our eyes to him, it will be welcomed and appreciated.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:43 pm 

to rforte,
Thank you for your comments. Pete has found me and I am very happy to become part of this wonderful site. On Pete's invitation, I have posted some of my carrer history in the DJ & Remixer forum. I thank you all for your interest and your greetings.
Dan Pooch

Post subject: Where are you?
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:56 pm 

Thanks FORTE, without you, Pete would not have found Pooch! But where have you gone, now that he is here???

Post subject: True!!
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:58 pm 

Very True! Everything that Finley said is true! Where have you gone ?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:54 pm 

I have been busy, but I read everything that Pooch wrote so far and I think it is awesome!!!!! Keep it up Pooch
Rob

Post subject: Glad You Are Still With Us!!
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:02 pm 

Rob Forte, I am glad that you turned me on to Dan Pooch! And I am also glad that you are still with us! Don't go ANYWHERE!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:16 pm 
Hmmmm...I wonder if this is the same DJ that onced spun at Tribeca?

I use to have a mix of a Dj Pooch that was pure genius!

Unfortunately, I lost it some time ago,but I'm telling you, that mix had no reason to envy any of the more known jocks, in fact, it surpassed a lot of the usual suspects stuff!

If it is the same Dj Pooch, please confirm?

Post subject: It Is!
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:25 pm 

The One and The same!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:32 pm 

DANNY PUCERELLI WAS VERY RERSPECTABLE DJ AND GOOD FRIEND.
I HAVENT HEARD FROM DAN FOR A WHILE.

I ALWAYS ADMIRED POOCH FOR HIS DEMEANOR,PERSONALITY AND HUMOR.

DANNY WAS VERY COOL AND.NICE GUY.

HE WAS ALL BUSINESS BEHIND THE TURNTABLES AND WAS GREAT. WE HAD SOME NICE LAUGHS TOGETHER AT EDDIE RIVERA'S I.D.R.C. PARTIES AND DJ FEEDBACK MEETINGS.

DAN ALWAYS MADE YOU FEEL THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING VERY POSITIVE ABOUT BEING IN THE RECORD AND SPINNNG BUSINESS.

I ADMIRED HIS INTEGRITY. HIS SENSE OF KNOWING AND UNDERSTANDING THE BOTTOM LINE.

Post subject: All Yours!!
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:47 pm 

This Is Your Page Danny! Here, you can give us your entire history. Also, here, you get and receive posts. all music, though should be posted under Members Only. Otherwise, this is your page! Enjoy the site Dan!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:31 pm 

Hello everybody,
On the advice and invitation of Pete Denis, I will give a brief history of myself. First off, I am flattered by the comments posted here. Thank you gentleman. I began playing in 1974 in Brooklyn. I hesitate to blow my horn but this is the truth. I was the first guy I knew of who was buying two copies of 45's and LP's. Back then, that is all we had. For me that is were the talent comes in. I was never satisfied with the length of the songs so I would remix them to extend the play time. So many people would ask me, "where did you get that copy", I had to expain that I had created the effects and the length of the song. That is when I was given the nick name "Danny Disc". Also, back then we called it "blending records". By 1976, I was the talk of the club scene in Brooklyn, I had already played in 5 clubs in Bklyn and also played in Hunter Mountain. I then became a member of IDRC record Pool. In 1977, I took the DJ position at Tribeca in NYC, I also designed and installed the sound system for the tri level dance floor. In 1978 I went back to Brooklyn to take over the DJ spot at the Nite Gallery. In 1978 I became the very first DJ in Brooklyn to be appointed a Billboard reporter. (Dj's that report thier top 20 every week) At the time I was the only non-gay reporter and the only reporter from Brooklyn. By 1979, I was reporting my top 20 to Dance Music report, WKTU and WBLS. I then becoame a member of "For the Record" record pool. I was the first DJ in Brooklyn to ever receive a Gold Record award, Sylvester - Feel Mighty Real. I then received a Gold Record for "Born to be Alive". I was flattered to be asked to play at eh "Midnight Madness Street Fesival" on 86th Street in Brooklyn. As far as I know, it was the very first rave. Over ten thousand people on the streets, covered by WABC, WNBC and WCBS news. I also played at the WKTU street concert in Brooklyn along with Jenny Costa. I had the honor of playing at the Billboard convention in 1979 for MK Promotions. In 1980, I played at the Billboard convention in LA. In march 1980, I was hired to play in a club in England. As far as I knew, I was the first to go. It was supposed to be one weekend, It turned into two, plus during the week. It has to be said that the crowd in England was NEVER exposed to Mixing records before. My style (and the standard of which we all played in the US ) was a new experience for them. My very first night at the Warehouse in Leeds had 200 people. The next night had 600 and a line down the block. ------- I will leave you here as I think I have to much history to state at this time. I thank you all for your interest and I look foward to
Pooch

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:34 pm 

history continued
Since this was the first time they were hearing mixing, the club made me go on twice a night - two 1 hour sets. The next week on Friday, the club had over one thousand people on line. They let in as many as they could and I played to an astounding reception. I was truly overwhelmed. People would ask for my autograph and take pictures, the DJ booth was surrounded with the curious. I remember the next day being in a Pub with some people and over hearing people talking about the Damn Yankee. (LOL) My trips to the UK were from 1980 thru 1985. I played at Warehouse in Leeds March & April 1980, Then again in Sept & Oct 1980 - then again in Sept 1982 -Eleven CLub in Harrogate, Stables in St Asaph (Wales) Dixieland in Rhyle (Wales)- Touchdown, Blackpool - Scamps, Blackpool - Hell in Manchester - Tuesday's in Manchester - Bunters in Blackpool - Bunters in Liverpool - Quinns in Liverpool - Tiffany's all dayer in Manchester - Hippodrime in London - Xenon in London - Peppermint Place in Blackburn -Fagins in Cleetorpe - As You Like it in Stratford upon Avon - Thursday's in Manchester 007 club in Whitchurch - Saturday's in Manchester.
My trips also included radio shows on Radio Aire, Leeds - Merseyside Radio, Liverpool - and Piccadilly 261 in Manchester. It must be said that at Piccadilly to the best of thier knowledge, I was the first DJ in the country to perform LIVE on the air. Which, was a great challenge to me. There was NO Headphone plug in. I had to remix all my stuff using the studio speakers. But, I showed them. (Blow my horn) I still have copies of all my radio shows as well. I hope you enjoyed this little UK history. I will get back ASAP to continue with the USA side. Thank You very much.
Dan Pucciarelli

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:48 pm 

DANPOOCH ALL SOUNDS GOOD SO FAR SO HOW ABOUT YOU POST YOUR PICTURE.

PETE'S NOTE:: You obsessed with pictures?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:33 am 

NO JUST LIKE SEE WHO IM TALKING TO HOPE IT DOES'NT BOTHER YOU OR NO ONE ELSE.

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers