Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers

Post subject: tom moulton mix
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:26 pm 

its a pity that my favorite tom moulton mix "love epidemic" is not included on the new souljazz tom moulton album
especially as I still was not able to find and buy the Trammps album with the tune on vinyl :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

Yes - it's a pity...
But as Tom has been involved in 4000+ tracks I guess it's hard to choose and probably also get the rights to use some stuff.
But let's hope SoulJazz will get another "A Tom Moulton Mix" CD together (as they still have some 4000 other songs to choose from). Fingers crossed ! :lol:

Disco-on !

//Discoguy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:27 pm 

SOUL JAZZ,SOUL JAZZ YEAH,YEAH.THE COMPANY ALWAYS PUT OUT COMPILATIONS THAT DOESN'T HAVE THE SONGS YOU LOVE TO HEAR :x .
SAME AS THE STUDIO ONE(REGGAE) LP'S THEY RELEASE.ALL THOSE LP'S NOT 1 WITH A TUNE I LONG FOR.

SO YOU KNOW WHAT I DID? I WENT TO THE FACTORY TO PURCHASE THE ORIGINAL."COXONE MUSIC CITY"IN BKLYN.I TOOK THE BUS AND TRAIN FROM UPSTATE NY TO GET THE TRACK I WANTED AND IT WAS IN STOCK. IT WAS WORTH THE TRAVEL,BELIEVE ME.

YOU GOT TO THE SOURCE.WHICH TRAMMPS LP IS IT ON.MAYBE I CAN HELP.I HAVE MOST OF THEIR LP'S.I'LL LOOK AROUND IF YA STILL NEED THE TRACK. :roll: LET ME KNOW....CHUCKS

Bless
DJ.CHUCKS

http://djchucks.homestead.com/index.html

Last edited by DEEJAYCHUCKS on Mon May 08, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:02 pm 

the one I am searching for ist DISCO CHAMPS (philadelphia international)
as I live in Vienna it will be difficult to help me, anyway I hope to find it soon
I also prefere studio one reissues to the soul jazz studio one samplers (I have horace andys skylarking album and the heptones on top...)
but souljazz have released great samplers like philadephia roots, miami sound or joe gibbs productios which tought me (born 73) a lot about black music from the 60s and 70s

Post subject: disco champs(the trammps)
 Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:55 am 

hey mike,
i have good news and bad news.the good news is i do have the trammps disco champs lp,the bad news is i only have 1 copy and cannot part from it,sorry.i bought it sealed about 3yrs ago for $7.00. do you want a cd copy or the vinyl?

if not i can look around for you.let me know.
we'll get a copy somehow.just be patient and keep diggin'.trust me.

djchucks..[/b]

Bless
DJ.CHUCKS

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:28 pm 

thanks a lot for the offer
but I hope to find the lp next week on a big record flea market in vienna or may be in june in bruxelles, there its easier to get old disco vinyls, in vienna disco was only boney m, bee gees or abba. black music was only appreciated as jazz and funk, soulful disco records were not loved and are quite hard to find

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mikele,

Good luck in your search and just as Chuckie says - keep diggin' - you always find your wants one day...
Sorry to hear about the toubles finding Disco records in Vienna. But as you say, Brussels is good. I know a great store there - but right now I can't remember it's name... :( Will update this post when I do...

Good luck and Disco-on !

// Discoguy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:05 pm 

Today I finally found the record, I also bought a very nice ramshorn record with 4 versions of KLEIN & MBOs Dirty Talk
:D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:14 am 
Site Admin

GREAT !! I'm happy to hear you found your record and another great one !! :D

Disco-on !

//Discoguy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:14 pm 

to DEEJAYCHUCKS:
I visited your website, congratulations for your sweet son
I also like old skool a lot,
of course I know about the beginnings of hip hop only from second hand, In the book "last night the deejay saved my life" there are two chapters about the beginnings of hip hop. It tells the story of kool herc, grandmaster flash and afrika bambaataa as they started deejaying for b-boys at block parties
it must have been great participating in the movement in these days
I dont like nowadays hip hop so much, regarding nowadays music I prefere house and electro
I also would be interested in hearing your old mixes

Post subject: TOM MOULTON
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:26 am 

YES,I MUST AGREE.TOM MOULTON IS THE BEST.THE ORIGINATOR.A FEW OF MY FAVORITES CAME AFTER. FOR EXAMPLE TONY HUMPHRIES,FRANCOIS KEVORKIAN,
SHEP PETTIBONE,JOHN"JELLYBEAN"BENITEZ,TEE SCOTT.
THE OTHERS WERE PRODUCERS, SINGERS/SONGWRITERS AND MUSICIANS.

TO ME THE MASTERERS WERE VITAL TO THE REMIXERS TO MAKE IT ALL COMPLETE. JOSE RODRIGUEZ WAS THE BEST.
AND TO THINK TOM MOULTON WAS NEVER A DJ. AMAZING SOUNDS. THE SAME WITH REGGAE. RIDDIMS WERE MIXED BY STUDIO ENGINEERS TO GIVE IT FEELING.NOTHING LIKE THAT OLDSKOOL SOUND.

HELLO TO MIKELE....
CHUCKSTA 8)

[/b]

Bless
DJ.CHUCKS

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

Hiya !

To follow up on this subject...
Out of curiousity - which Tom Moulton remixes did you miss on the "A Tom Moulton Mix" CD? Any other favorite Tom Moulton remixes you think the company should use for a second CD (not that I know if there will be one, but just to get your opinion)?

Disco-on !

Discoguy

Post subject: TOM MOULTON MIX
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:58 pm 

CAME ACROSS THIS POST RECENTLY.
POSED THE QUESTION TO TOM WHO IS A GOOD FRIEND.
HE SAID THAT NU SOUL PICKED THE SONGS THEMSELVES.
HE DIDN'T HAVE ANY INPUT.
BUT I AGREE WITH CLAES THAT TOM HAS SO MANY MIXES TO HIS CREDIT, IT WOULD BE HARD PICK WHAT SHOULD BE ON A CD OF HIS WORK.

BARRY :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:26 pm 

There´s also an existing Tom Moulton DUB of Gloria Gaynors "I Will Survive", which never got an official release. What a pity, that this one
isn´t on the tom moulton compilation.

Post subject: Disco Champs Vinyl (Trammps)
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:41 pm 

:) I saw 2 copies for sale today on e-bay. Also have seen it in a few used record stores in NY. Didn't think it was that tough to find....

Board index » DISCO » DJ's / Remixers