Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Artists

Post subject: Bobby Farrell Of Boney M (2009 Tour Dates)
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:01 pm 

Press Release: Disco legend Bobby Farrell of Boney M to embark on major tour in May
New single out this summer

Amsterdam/ 3 March 2009 - Daddy Cool is back. Bobby Farrell has announced he will hit the road for the 2009 ‘Bobby Farrell featuring Boney M show’. The tour kicks off in France this May. Confirmed dates also include shows in the Netherlands, Finland, Spain, Switzerland, Czechia and Israel. Bobby Farrell is also the headliner of the RTL Disco Shows throughout France in May. This summer Bobby will present his solo single ‘Bamboo song’.

The show
The ‘Bobby Farrell featuring Boney M’ show takes audiences back to the disco era with number 1 hits like ‘Rivers of Babylon’, ‘Ma Baker’ and ‘Daddy Cool’. Three girls Edna Proctor, Maureen Pengel and Jacqueline Jonkers sing and dance alongside Bobby in dazzling outfits reliving the good old days together with the audience. The King Of The Discothèque’s remarkable stage signature cannot be missed. Each show Bobby energetically parades his bare chest while raving up the crowd.

New era, new single
Bobby is ready for the next step in his career. He recently switched management and is working on his solo single. The song is called ‘Bamboo song’ and has a disco, timeless feel to it. Bobby is working on his record with the noted Swedish producer Anderz Wrethov who is responsible for hits for Chipz and Günther And The Sunshine Girls amongst others. ‘Bamboo song’ will be released this summer.

Tour schedule 2009
12-5-2009 Lille France RTL disco show
13-5-2009 Orléans France RTL disco show
14-5-2009 Châteauroux France RTL disco show
15-5-2009 Geneva Switzerland RTL disco show
16-5-2009 Nancy France RTL disco show
19-5-2009 St. Etienne France RTL disco show
20-5-2009 Toulon France RTL disco show
21-5-2009 Marseille France RTL disco show
22-5-2009 Montpellier France RTL disco show
23-5-2009 Aurillac France RTL disco show
25-5-2009 St. Herblain France Bobby Farrell show
26-5-2009 Rouen France RTL disco show
27-5-2009 Dijon France RTL disco show
28-5-2009 Paris France RTL disco show
29-5-2009 Nantes France RTL disco show
30-5-2009 Rennes France RTL disco show
31-5-2009 Tours France RTL disco show
04-6-2009 Uden The Netherlands Bobby Farrell show
13-6-2009 Waassen The Netherlands Bobby Farrell show
13-6-2009 Venlo The Netherlands Bobby Farrell show
20-6-2009 Breclav Czechia Bobby Farrell show
27-6-2009 Kuopio Finland Bobby Farrell show
18-7-2009 Kotka Finland Bobby Farrell show
20-7-2009 Tel Aviv Israel Bobby Farrell show
08-8-2009 Brincadeira Spain Bobby Farrell show
19-9-2009 Lisieux France Bobby Farrell show
26-9-2009 Zwijndrecht The Netherlands Bobby Farrell show

Ticket On-Sale Information: Check local listings. Please note that the above dates might be subject to change. For up-to-date information and new dates, please visit: http://www.bobbyfarrell.com or http://www.myspace.com/bobbyfarrell

About Bobby Farrell
Bobby Farrell is the male face of the original formation of disco group Boney M. The group is known for their numerous number 1 hits such as ‘Daddy Cool’, ‘Rivers of Babylon’, ‘Ma Baker’ and ‘Rasputin’. Over the years Boney M has accumulated 42 golden, 50 platinum and 50 silver discs. They have sold more than 180 million records worldwide. After the group split Bobby Farrell created his own version of Boney M and continued to perform all over the world. In 2005 Bobby starred in a commercial of OHRA, a large insurance company in the Netherlands, which was nominated for the best commercial of 2005. In the same year Farrell played the leading character in DJ Roger Sanchez’ video ‘Turn on the Music’ which was a worldwide number 1 hit. In December 2008 he was invited to perform for the prince of Dubai. Just recently in February 2009 The King Of The Discothèque performed for 10.000 people in a sold out venue in Belgium alongside Gloria Gaynor, Sister Sledge and The Weather Girls. Today, Bobby is touring the world and recording his solo single to be released in the summer of 2009.

Post subject: Re: Bobby Farrell Of Boney M (2009 Tour Dates)
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:59 am 
Site Admin

I didn't know this... Could be fun to see "Daddy Cool"...
It seems there are different Boney M acts performing around the Globe. I seem to recall at least some of the original girls were touring some years ago and then Bobby was not part of that (as I recall - but my memory could be wrong).

// Discoguy

Post Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:20 am 

I saw Boney M featuring the original lead singer Liz Michell in Helsinki some 6 months ago, they preformed for several thousand people with Gloria gaynor and the 3 degrees. A fab time wa had by all. No Bobby in the Boney group. And now he's popping over...to..Kuopio, Finland? As opposed to Helsinki? Why not, little Kuopio was the place I COCKTAILED THE NIGHT AWAY WITH MAYTE MATEOS, the leading singer - the only singer heard on the albums - of Baccara. This was c 6 or 7 years ago when they appeared there! Yes, cocktails with Baccara! Not bad, huh?! I must have posted this bit of info at this site already, though - everybody I come into contact with gets unavoidably to hear it time and time again. - It's off to Kuopio for me, then.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:29 pm 

how exciting; Bobby Farrell of Boney M on tour in 2009...:? I can see already the 200 or so lost souls in a wheelchair in some retirement home spinning to 'daddy cool' 8)

just what we need in times of crisis I suppose, back to the classics heh??

what's next guys?? the comeback of Milli Vanilli??

Board index » DISCO » Artists