Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Artists

Post subject: Re: ladies and gentlemen....here's.....Miss Grace Jones
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:08 pm 

The Stockholm concert was great. The venue was a bit on the small side but still, everything was just as spectacular as it was in Berlin the previous week. Before the show, I almost got into a fist fight with a hideous aging queen who tried to physically remove me from my place next to the stage so he could be nearer to the star. Needless to say, I'll have no old fags laughably threatening me with their limp wrists, and anyway, the bouncer sternly ushered him off and apologized for the queen's hysterical behaviour. Yes, the show was superb, and my wife & me had an absolute blast. Add to that the rare exciting vinyls found at Mosebacka records - like THE FULL 16 MINUTE VERSION OF GRAND CIRCUIT: ROLLER SKATE SYMPHONY, PRODUCED BY BACIOTTI !!! - , the fantastic exhibit of Andreas Gursky's photographs at the Modern Museum, and the superb food: another grand weekend in Stockholm. The "Men Who hate Women" film was absolute rubbish, though, what a pile of crappy cliches! A punkette getting beaten up just like that in a subway? The male pig getting trussed up - now we've seen THAT before a few times haven't we? And the boring writer getting his job back - quelle surprise! :-)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:57 pm 

Haven't seen this thread before... how did I miss it?? :D

Attachments:
File comment: Grace
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 120.67 KiB | Viewed 3741 times ]
File comment: Sly
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 124.41 KiB | Viewed 3742 times ]
File comment: Robbie
3.jpg
3.jpg [ 112.67 KiB | Viewed 3733 times ]

If I could wish anything I want to come true, but only one thing - I wouldn't wish for all the money in the world or perfect health or world peace. I would wish to go back in time before I was born, in the 70's, in New York, to dance in DISCO era.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:37 am 
Site Admin

COOL !!!
Thanks for sharing !!!

// Discoguy

Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:11 pm 

You're welcome, my pleasure. Here's 2 photos I took this summer...

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 227 KiB | Viewed 3700 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 193.98 KiB | Viewed 3700 times ]

If I could wish anything I want to come true, but only one thing - I wouldn't wish for all the money in the world or perfect health or world peace. I would wish to go back in time before I was born, in the 70's, in New York, to dance in DISCO era.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:21 pm 

Quote:

well, that is quite some statement! I really appreciate your fanatic enthousiasm but nothing beats good health!

IMO some people who danced in the DISCO era would wish that they had perfect health instead of dying of some incurable cancer like HIV/Aids. I am sure that I want good health and world peace too..

Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:27 pm 

eedeecee wrote:
some people who danced in the DISCO era would wish that they had perfect health instead of dying of some incurable cancer like HIV/Aids. I am sure that I want good health and world peace too..

Hi.
Health... I never even tried alcohol, cigarettes or any drug; I'm quite picky about girls, and I wouldn't even go near the nude male body. So, I don't worry too much. 8)
World peace... Not long ago we had the most bloody war - and the world didn't care. But I still do care about all the nations who still suffer... it's just that - I would really love to see the 70's.
My signature is 100% true, that's how I feel, but that's just me.
I've never seen someone replying to signature. :mrgreen: This was so ON-topic.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:12 am 

in that case your signature surely is 100% Naïve :lol:

Board index » DISCO » Artists