Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Artists

Post subject: Sheena Easton
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:35 pm 

Sheena Easton

British singer (b. April 27th 1959 - present)

Sheena Easton Sheena Easton was born in Scotland forty-nine years ago. Sheena is a two-time GRAMMY winner, and a television and Broadway actress.

Her string of successful songs started in the United States with MORNING TRAIN (9 to 5) in 1980. It's popularity was very strong on the radio and in clubs, and eventually that response made it a #1 recording. Then came MODERN GIRL, and before 1981 was finished, SHEENA had another huge hit with the ACADEMY AWARD nominated JAMES BOND movie theme FOR YOUR EYES ONLY( she appeared on the screen singing the song, the only time an artist was in a BOND movie).

Sheena Easton followed that success with another ballad YOU COULD HAVE BEEN WITH ME, making me wish she was singing to me! In 1982 TELEFONE(LONG DISTANCE LOVE AFFAIR) became her fourth top ten hit. Then came WE'VE GOT TONIGHT, a duet with KENNY RODGERS and ALMOST OVER YOU which reached #1 on the ADULT CONTEMPORARY charts. In the United States she was able to STRUT when in 1984 she made the transformation to a sexy DANCE siren when she collaborated with PRINCE. They were a powerful combination. First came STRUT, a huge #1 hit in clubs and on the charts. Notoriety came in an un-wanted form with the sexually charged, suggestive SUGAR WALLS. It was written by PRINCE, and the video was banned because of its lyrics instead of its imagery. The parents Music Resource Council deemed it as one of the FILTHY FIFTEEN, a list of songs deemed indecent because of its lyrics. The result, predictably, was that SUGAR WALLS became a CLASSIC!!

SHEENA EASTON then won a GRAMMY with her duet with LUIS MIQUEL ME GUSTA TAL COMO ERES(I love just the way you are). Her success singing in Spanish, her Pop appeal, her DISCO CLASSICS and her soft music made her regarded as the most versatile vocalist of the 1980's. Along with PRINCE, they made another gigantic hit with U GOT THE LOOK!!! That was on every video channel and on every dance floor. We couldn't get enough of the sultry, sexy SHEENA!!

Then she shows up on television as SONNY CROCKETS' flame on MIAMI VICE. We got the pleasure of seeing this HOT female for five consecutive episodes. MICHAEL MANN wanted her to become a regular, but since she had other obligations, her character was killed off. But not before we heard her sing FOLLOW MY RAINBOW from her next album THE LOVER IN ME. Another chart topper! Then it was on to BROADWAY. She was ALDONZA in THE MAN FROM LA MANCHA, and RIZZO in GREASE.

She then moved to Las Vegas and starred with DAVID CASSIDY in the musical AT THE COPA. Then it was at the Las Vegas Hilton where her revue was called FOR YOUR EYES ONLY. Recently she did an album of DISCO CLASSICS including LOVE IS IN CONTROL, I NEED YOUR LOVIN and I CAN'T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU!! Stunning, beautiful and SEXY, SHEENA EASTON was/is one of the best acts of our generation.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:16 pm 
Site Admin

Sheena had a minor hit in 2000 with a cover of the Three Degrees' "Giving Up, Giving In" which got a up-to-date Disco-House remix by Dave Lee - aka Joey Negro.

//Discoguy

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:53 pm 

I like the Sheena that teamed up with Prince (Alexander Nevermind) and sang about her:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulsad2gxG3w

But...I'm just a dirty ol' man, and no, I can't keep my hands to myself!

Post subject: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZSheena
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:58 pm 

Sheena Easton (yawn)--->zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Wake me up when the thread is over, ok fellas?

Post subject: Gots To Appreciate her!
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:27 am 

Come on JAY, she was a big star in her day. Still is. SUGAR WALLS, STRUT, YOU GOT THE LOOK, you had to plat those songs. Plus, she looks like Pete's wife. LOL, ha,ha,ha.

PETE'S NOTE:: When they were young, they were very much ,look-a-likes. So that was an influence.

Post subject: Re: Gots To Appreciate her!
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:39 pm 

DJ Ed Martin wrote:
she looks like Pete's wife

Really? Pete, you got da taste man coz' she got the look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ag-lqSQuPc

Let's strut!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0xfev0oKbw

And who, yes who (except for Jay) can not like the PRINCE-Jam "101"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6wsQ7XUrhE

SHEENA, baby, being without ya is murder!

Post subject: I think I understand!
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:48 pm 

Starr,
I think I finally understand why you and me "click". We have some of the same feelings about more then a few things. On the top of that list is, you know, right at the top. OUR tastes in beauty, in fine things, especially sexy women! I love them. Obviously, so do you! Then there is our tastes in music. Right on as well, I bet you love a good meal too! LOL Thanks for the videos of Diana, I mean Sheena Easton!!

Post subject: Pete & Sheena Easton!
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:41 pm 

There is no secret that Pete & Sheena Easton had a "bond", so strong, that he married her clone! LOL- Seriously, Sheena, besides being a Beauty, could sing. So Jay, you are wrong. This little lady had plenty of Soul, and those SUGAR WALLS!!

Board index » DISCO » Artists