Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Artists

Post subject: Linda Imperial!!
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:47 pm 

I just read on the Linda Imperial site that she has a new project underway with Ray Starr.

Anyone have any more info about this? She is long overdue for her place in the spotlight again!

Post subject: Never Heard Of Her
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:02 pm 

Hey, I know I am not the most contemporary or popular guy on this site right now, but I seriously never heard of Linda? Who is she, what is she, what do you want us to do? I really don't know!!

Post subject: Re: Never Heard Of Her
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:07 pm 

DJ Ed Martin wrote:
Hey, I know I am not the most contemporary or popular guy on this site right now, but I seriously never heard of Linda? Who is she, what is she, what do you want us to do? I really don't know!!

Linda Imperial was one of the singers on the Megatone label back in the day. Over the years, she did solo releases and from what I just read on her site, something new is coming out. I figured since folks here have actually heard of the late Megatone label, they may have also kept up with her career.

Post subject: I was into the music.....
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:52 pm 

Ed,
Don't feel too bad, I was into the music, but I did not know the name either. But when Mike explained, I most definitely recall her fantastic vocals. She was part of that Great Disco Mafia in San Fransisco. Bill Motley, Sylvester and hundreds of others provide some of the best and biggest CLASSICS that DISCO ever produced. I would be embarrassed that I did not know her name, but I don't embarrass easily. I appreciate learning something new everyday! Thanks for the info Mike!!

Post subject: Come On
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:12 am 

Lets be real here. LINDA IMPERIOLI??? What , can Debbie Allen be far behind? If at first you don't succeed, try,try again! It won't matter, and Mike, I understand you're friends, but pushing Jimmy James is not worth your effort. Society will never let him make it. This is not a just or perfect world. Sorry, it is the truth. Just being real, no offense intended.

Post subject: Linda .....
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:25 am 

You know, you are right, Linda Imperioli has no future in singing. But Mike was talking about Linda Imperial, who can sing, sang in the past on many records, and hopefully she still got something in the tank. You Go Girl!!!

Post subject: Re: Come On
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:05 am 

Jose"Pepe"Sal wrote:
Lets be real here. LINDA IMPERIOLI??? What , can Debbie Allen be far behind? If at first you don't succeed, try,try again! It won't matter, and Mike, I understand you're friends, but pushing Jimmy James is not worth your effort. Society will never let him make it. This is not a just or perfect world. Sorry, it is the truth. Just being real, no offense intended.

Not Linda Imperioli, Linda Imperial.

As far as Jimmy, no offense taken. However, if in your estimation he isn't going to "make it," I guess having his music featured with a dance troupe on Amercia's Got Talent or having his first single from his CD hit # 15 on the Billboard charts doesn't amount for anything either.

It's funny, people said the same thing about Divine and RuPaul too.

It's a whole new world out there

Board index » DISCO » Artists