Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Artists

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome Dayna
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:19 pm 

Jose"Pepe"Sal wrote:
Dayna,
I guess you see that that ship was sinking! Glad you are here. This site is warm and fuzzy, we all like warm and fuzzy. So having a woman's touch should be interesting and very welcome. Now getting to business. I understand where you are coming from. But how about another Diva or two to throw into the conversation. PATTI AUSTIN and CHER! They both have had much success within Disco. And then there is Jody Whatley!!

Thank you Kindly.......
I Love Patti..Rhythm of the street, Honey For The bee's,It's gonna be special..
She's a Lovely lady and true professional as well.
Cher..She has her own thang goin on.. always has always will.. There is really no one you can compare Cher to.. And as far as her Disco..take me Home will always be one of my fav's..Hell On wheels not so much a fav of mine..
and my Girl Jody..
LOVE LOVE LOVE her..
I had the most fun during my interview with Jody..
She came from being one of my favorite soul train dancers then being the female powerhouse in one of my favorite groups ..Shalamar..then going solo and perfecting the art of improvational dance in video.."she had no choreography"..when I hear Jody I have to get up and move..A classy lady with determination and the talent to back it up

Post subject: You Go Girl!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:40 pm 

SHALIMAR!!! OHHH How I loved them, you do too! I noticed who your favorite male vocalist is as well!!?? Could you, now I highly doubt this, be slightly bias? Remind me of their(Shalimar's) early hits, including that medley. I will see if I can't play it on the next trip to THE RANCH HOUSE.

Post subject: Re: You Go Girl!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:59 pm 

Pete Denis wrote:
SHALIMAR!!! OHHH How I loved them, you do too! I noticed who your favorite male vocalist is as well!!?? Could you, now I highly doubt this, be slightly bias? Remind me of their(Shalimar's) early hits, including that medley. I will see if I can't play it on the next trip to THE RANCH HOUSE.

The song Howard sings lead on that I LOVE and he really showcases his vocal talent's on is"This is for the Lover in You".. a slow jam.
Then of course "in The Socket" "jody Sings lead"..She told me she HATED singing that song"..her favorite is I can make you feel good, (she wrote it)..It's one of my fav's as well,
A Night to Remember
Take That to the bank
actually when jody Howard and jeffery were together I loved all their stuff..
BTW Jeffery Daniels may have invented the moonwalk and can sing .BUT he is a JERK and a clown~!!
he was married to Stephanie Mills and would' well lets just say she needed to wear more makeup when he was finished with her....
and he treats most women like idiots..he treated me like one..I pulled the plug on that interview.. telling him ,he was about 20 years past throwing a Diva act at me and that I did have a brain not just boobs~!!I said NEXT~!
Uptown Festival is the track has all the sampling of old motownish songs..LOVE IT

Post subject: Uptown Festival
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:16 am 

Thanks Lady,
If I find it, I'll play it on the next set from The Ranch House. I remember how big this song was. It came out just around the time Disco music was becoming mainstream. It was a great representation of Disco Music to the MASSES! I enjoyed it, the dancers loved it. One of the era's unsung hero's!! Love It!!

UPTOWN FESTIVAL !!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:38 am 

DID WE FORGET BARBARA STREISAND.

Post subject: Please!!
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:47 am 

FOR ONE SONG!!!!!!!!!!!! She is an oddity, an outsider. She did one song with Donna Summer that was DISCO. One song!! No matter how great a song it was. How many copies it sold. I will never talk about her as a DISCO DIVA. A DIVA?? Absolutely! But not because of her ONE Disco song!! She will always be acknowledged as one of the greatest voices ever, but a Disco Diva? Am I wrong? I am sure someone sees that differently!!--

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:58 am 

ALSO (IMAGINATION) GREAT STUFF

ITS AN ILLUSION
SO GOOD SO RIGHT
BURNING UP
IN AND OUT OF LOVE
BODY TALK
FRASHBACK
IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT
ALL NIGHT LOVING
MISIC AND LIGHTS
LOOKING AT MIDNIGHT
ETC ETC ETC

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:17 am 

illusion

Post subject: Re: Please!!
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:16 pm 

Pete Denis wrote:
FOR ONE SONG!!!!!!!!!!!! She is an oddity, an outsider. She did one song with Donna Summer that was DISCO. One song!! No matter how great a song it was. How many copies it sold. I will never talk about her as a DISCO DIVA. A DIVA?? Absolutely! But not because of her ONE Disco song!! She will always be acknowledged as one of the greatest voices ever, but a Disco Diva? Am I wrong? I am sure someone sees that differently!!--

Barbra also did "The Main Event" that was disco and the track Promises off her Guilty LP that was called a disco 12 inch in 1981..
But You could hardly call her a Disco Diva

Post subject: Streisand
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:44 pm 

For as much as we all love her and her vocal skills, DISCO DIVA she was not. DIVA, yes! DISCO no! So Dayna, the Diva, agrees with me!! So now what the rest of you say doesn't matter!!LOL It takes one to know one!! So There!!--- Lady D, How is TAMPA these days?? They ever find the guy who killed those three deejays? How is YBOR CITY? Still a happening??- Pete

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:20 am 

Belated hello and welcome to Dayna!

As far as Streisand...I agree, she was NOT a disco diva. In fact, I always found her vocals rather shrill when she attempted to do anything dancey.

Guess I lose more gay points, gasp, a gay man who doesn't think Streisand is a Goddess!

Post subject: Mike? You Sure You're Gay?? Or Just Irish?
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:36 am 

Mike,
You sure you're gay? Maybe you're just Irish. That would explain some of your odd Gay ways? Not A STREISAND fan?????? You must be Irish!! LOL- PETE

Post subject: Re: Mike? You Sure You're Gay?? Or Just Irish?
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:42 am 

Pete Denis wrote:
Mike,
You sure you're gay? Maybe you're just Irish. That would explain some of your odd Gay ways? Not A STREISAND fan?????? You must be Irish!! LOL- PETE

No, I am all Italian but I grew up in an Irish neighborhood and my partner is Irish, does that help?

I don't fawn over the gay Mt. Rushmore of Judy, Liza, Barbra and Bette like some of the others do out there.

In my opinion, Barbra as well as Diana Ross did disco songs just to sell records and stay on the musical map. It wasn't any different than when Billy Joel did Glass Houses to show he could keep up with the "new wave" sound that was taking over during the MTV years.

Post subject: I knew it
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:05 am 

I knew it!! I could see that IRISH Morality a thousand miles away! My goodness Mike, you set me up for a joke!! I ever tell you the story of the Irish guy and his Italian partner? No! Well, they go into this bar......

Post subject: CLOWNS!!
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:54 pm 

You Clowns!! Can't you stick to the post? Again it has to be-- BARRY WHITE!
BARRY WHITE!
BARRY WHITE!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » DISCO » Artists