Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Artists

Post subject: Dennis Parker
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:08 am 

I grew up watching Dennis on "The Edge of Night" every afternoon, but it was only fairly recently that I learned of his singing career. (Since then, I've been wearing out "Like An Eagle" and "High Life" on YouTube, and attempting to track down a well-preserved copy of his album.) I'm amazed at how little biographical information is available, and how even most of that is inaccurate. It seems like someone owes it to Dennis Parker to get the facts straight and...well, what the hell! I want to give it my best effort. Would anyone here be interested in sharing their memories of Dennis for a biography? I think there's a fascinating story in his life, and I'd like to tell it sympathetically.
(I really want to emphasize here that I'm a fan. I don't have a book deal and I'm not motivated by money: only by genuine interest. If the book is completed and gets published somewhere down the line, that would be great...but my passion lies in simply telling the story and being fairer to Dennis' memory than the websites which contain inaccurate information about him.)

Board index » DISCO » Artists