Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » CLUBS » Copacabana

Post subject: Alicia Bridges @ Copacabana
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:22 pm 

After the stylish and classy Copa had seen it's better days and clients, Susan Bartsch smartly secured it for a series of her famous Thursday nites of dance and debauchery for those of us hard working and hard living nightclub New Yorkers who would only go out on Thursday nights (Fridays and Saturdays were too touristy/bridge and tunnel). I will always remember entering the hallowed walls of the entrance to the club, where on one of the staircase landings one hit wonder Alicia Bridges, complete in her trademark gold lame jeans and fuck me strappy heels was standing unaccompanied to a continuous reel of her only song, "I love the nightlife, I've got to boogie,..." in a loop for what seemed like a joke: like she was some automaton robot in Disneyland. Genius. I talk about my experience hoofing in clubs from 1976 - 2004: the Gaiety, the Gallery, Flamingo, the Anvil, CriscoDisco, Hurrah, Studio54, IcePalace57, the Saint, the Underground, Paradise Garage, Sound Factory, the World,... until I crashed and burned on too much clubbing and drugging in my book: Homo GoGo Man: a fairytale about a boy who grew up in discoland. (Amazon,BarnesandNoble,DonnaInk)

Board index » CLUBS » Copacabana