Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » CLUBS » Current Disco Nights

Post subject: Nicky Siano spins in San Francisco May 9th 2009!!!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:55 am 

the awesome disco and house loving kids at Honey Soundsystem are bringing NICKY SIANO to San Francisco - next Saturday night!

I, for one, will be there. surely I'm not the only one representing the bay area on this board - let's meet up! I'll be the pink haired chick on the dancefloor with the "disco" tattoo.

the 411:

Paradise Lounge
1501 Folsom Street (x 11th)
doors at 9:30 - club goes til 4 - Nicky will probably be going on lateish
$15, 21+ only with ID

c'mon guys, who is in?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

"Music is like a love affair - you have to treat it very gracefully and you don't want to crack it or damage it. When you caress it and treat it with respect, wonderful things come back to you." ~ Bobby Viteritti

Post subject: Re: Nicky Siano spins in San Francisco May 9th 2009!!!!!
 Post Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:46 pm 

Hold a space for me, I'll be there!

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:03 pm 

Pete, if you actually do show up, I will buy you a drink!

I'm really looking forward to this! too bad I have to work the How Weird Street Fair the next day - but that won't stop me. that's why we have coffee!

anyone else - I would love to meet up!

"Music is like a love affair - you have to treat it very gracefully and you don't want to crack it or damage it. When you caress it and treat it with respect, wonderful things come back to you." ~ Bobby Viteritti

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:44 pm 

Wish I could be there as this is his farewell tour and he is retirering from the dj booth.
He was over hear in Manchester England in April of this year and he blew the roof off the Joint!....

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:47 pm 

Did you know that Nick is a member of The Dark Side.
Mermaid, you think he'll use vinyl?

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:37 am 

I will report back and let you know. as long as he rocks the party, he could sing and tapdance as far as I'm concerned! :-P

Post Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:33 am 

Soulboy - maybe it'll be like one of Cher's (many) Farewell Tour(s) and you'll get another chance!

I will definitely report back.

Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:04 pm 

this is TONIGHT! I'm getting very excited... better grab a disco nap while I can!

tomorrow in SF is the How Weird Street Fair (Howard Street) which is *the* street fair for the club kids and party people. there are a ton of DJs scheduled, as well as afterparties going all night. I'm working in my company's booth (bunnywarez) all day, and looking forward to some yummy house, tasty breaks, and maybe even a little delicious disco... if I'm lucky.

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:07 am 

djmermaid wrote:
this is TONIGHT! I'm getting very excited... better grab a disco nap while I can!

tomorrow in SF is the How Weird Street Fair (Howard Street) which is *the* street fair for the club kids and party people. there are a ton of DJs scheduled, as well as afterparties going all night. I'm working in my company's booth (bunnywarez) all day, and looking forward to some yummy house, tasty breaks, and maybe even a little delicious disco... if I'm lucky.

Sounds like your gonna have a great weekend... I am off to Egypt tomorrow moring and I'm taking some of Jay's and Dancer's mixes with me for my boogie material while I am away...If you have any mixes Mermaid...we would love to hear your work & style...just drop them in the members section when it is convenient....in the meantime, I hope you have a great weekend and don't forget to give us a review of the Nicy Siano night!
Many Thanks!

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:41 am 

thanks Mikey - Egypt! how exciting!!

will definitely review Nicky S tonight (assuming I find my *wallet* in time - o noes! I'm 42, but that doesn't mean anything without the appropriate piece of plastic in my pocket...)

some day I will post a mix. I'm here to learn, right now I am so far from being up to snuff on my disco mixing... it may be a while. but, some day! ;-)

have a great trip!

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:17 am 

oh, the vagaries of Clubland. we turned up well within the advertised time for the party, and found ourselves out on the street, faced with a locked door.

we ran into several other peeps who were also there hoping to hear Nicky Siano - including one couple all the way from London (!) - so we knew it wasn't that we got the date wrong.

so... home again, home again, jiggity jig. :-/

at this point, there's no way to tell whether it was the fault of the venue (Paradise Lounge SF) or the promoters (Honey Soundsystem). frankly, I really REALLY want to love these kids, because they seem to be into disco and deep soulful house music - in a nutshell, the music I love the best. but right now, they are acting like a bad boyfriend - promising the world but falling far short.

I will give them one more chance. Honey, please, come back to me!

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:39 pm 

What? A non-event? The party got cancelled and no-one was told?
Did you buy tickets for it? What a bummer! I hope you made the best of it.
You returned home and had your own event, lol.

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:40 am 

so the word on the street (actually my BF emailed Nicky's label) is that this will be rescheduled. I certainly hope so! I'll update here when I know more.

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:49 am 

Last time I saw Nicky live - must have been 1,5 yrs ago now - he once again simply threw on pre-recorded cds and tweaked the knobs a lot. Having paid 20 euros I wasn't the only one who expected a real dj set for my hard-earned money. Is tweaking pre-mixed, pre-recorded cds - containing f.ex. a tekkno edit of a Barry White track - deejaying? According to everyone who left messages to a popular clubbing site after Nicky's gig, it's not.

Board index » CLUBS » Current Disco Nights