Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Music

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Song Of The Day
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:24 pm 

For new Daily song Please go to the last page.

Song Of The Day 28-7

Today I'll post a nice song from the group Kleeer. I don't know why this group did not get what they deserve they did many good DISCO tracks but hardly I found anything written about them

The song is "Keep Your Body Workin' " a very good typical disco music , it's from the LP I Love To Dance

http://www.4shared.com/file/56881447/e3 ... ORKIN.html

Last edited by MAN on Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Post subject: Man!!
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:36 pm 

You getting tricky on me. Next time, instead of removing the song, just add the new one to the text. We will watch it grow. Keep all the songs on this thread. That way if someone wants to talk about one you listed days earlier, they can.--- Now for KLEEER -- I played this and other cuts too. It was strong, and while not a HIT, it was good on the dance floor and better on my ears!! This is a good choice!!

Post subject: Kleer
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:02 am 

I love that track!!
---still play the hell out of it
---It made my "Stuck In The '80s Master Mixes"
----another great tune by them was "Get Tough".
There was a house track that came out last summer that heavily sampled "Keep Your Body Workin"--the vocals were by Martha Wash and it is HOT!!!

Post subject: Song Of The Day
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:34 am 

While I am aware of this song, I never played it at any of my mobile gigs. And don't remember it being played anywhere. But it sure sounds good today. I think I missed this one. BTW I love this thread!

Post subject: I heard this song before
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:26 am 

I have heard this song before. In many clubs. It wasn't a hit, but I saw people dance to it. Did I like it?? It doesn't really matter! But NO!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:03 am 

KLEEER did many good Disco tracks and one of my favorites is HYPNOTIZED from the LP LICENCE TO DREAM any comment about it.

There is a 12" version of KEEP YOUR BODY WORKIN' it's very good but I don't have it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:59 pm 

Song Of The Day 30-7

Today I'll put one track I conceder it as Hidden and Forgotten track , it's DANCE AND SHAKE YOUR TAMBOURINE from INNER CITY EXPRESS from 1977, I am always like this song I don't know why I am feeling happiness of the musician they play this song they give me this feeling , not too much Disco fans talking about this track and this group , there is another version by UNIVERSAL ROBOT BAND made later but this is the original one from the 12" vinyl record , I like also the Bass Guitar at the end quarter . Enjoy :D

http://www.4shared.com/file/57044633/10 ... URINE.html

Last edited by MAN on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Dance & Shake Your
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:54 am 

This is a very nice version but not the original. The original WAS by Universal Robot Band who was Patrick Adams, Greg Carmichael, & Leroy Burgess. (You can see their names on the writing credits on your UK remake.)

The original came out December 1976 in NYC on Red Gregg Records--a label from Brooklyn owned by Patrick Adams.

Post subject: Great song though!
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:29 am 

I happen to like this song, no matter who sang it. Both versions were played in the clubs. The HAPPY feelings certainly come through. I think that was intentional. Great job, MAN!! What is next??

Post subject: Where Was I??
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:02 am 

I was out to lunch when these songs came out. I don't remember ever hearing it before. That doesn't make me a bad person, does it!!

Post subject: Re: Dance & Shake Your
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:27 am 

Jay Negron wrote:
This is a very nice version but not the original. The original WAS by Universal Robot Band who was Patrick Adams

I have also The Universal Robot Band version but I don't like it much, I have it on a CD, and for a long time I though that it was relased later than Inner City Express Version, so I knew somthing new from this post .... thanks

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:11 pm 

Song Of The Day 31-7

Today I'll put an instrumental that I like too much it's from the LP WOMEN NEEDS LOVE by RAY PARKER JR - 1981 called STILL IN THE GROOVE, I am sure only few people give attention to this track but I found it very nice listen to it again maybe you will change your mind now and get to the groove, by the way all the tracks that I put here I recorded it from the original vinyl LP I hope it's sounded good

http://www.4shared.com/file/57050382/30 ... ROOVE.html

Last edited by MAN on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: BOOM!!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:53 pm 

BOOM!! That is the sound of the dance Floor exploding!!Too many people ran on at the same time, when this song started playing!! In baseball, this is a HOME RUN!! You hit one MAN!! RAY PARKER was huge in the 70's & early 80's. FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO GROOVE was exceptional in 77-78. This was a follow-up to it called STILL IN THE GROOVE. And he was!! It was played, I played it consistently! And the fact it was instrumental made it a great mixing song. As I was listening to it, I would be thinking, "I could mix THP Orchestra, Carrie Lucas(Keep Smilin) and this, and that....." It brings back memories. MAN, this song is the best one you have posted. Keep it up!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:56 pm 

My friend Pete I am very happy to know that you like this one :D thanks

Post subject: Good one Today!!
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:06 pm 

MAN!! This is a good one today. I remember this song well, it was a GROOVE. It was played in most DISCOS, and It was played at all my mobile gigs. So you did hit a HOME RUN!! Ray Parker wrote GHOSTBUSTERS on an elevator ride!! Simple song, but still, AN ELEVATOR RIDE! Good one MAN!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62  Next

Board index » DISCO » Music