Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » DISCO » Music

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:08 pm 

Well, if we really look for them we can find many like that.

This one is not from the Disco era but it is a Euro Disco from the late 80's.

Here goes:

BOOM, BOOM,BOOM (Let's go back to my room) - Paul Lekakis
ZYX Records 1987

This was actually a peak hour track. Always did well when I played it.

Post subject: BOOM BOOM BOOM
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:37 pm 

Closing with this song would defeat the purpose of a great song like that one. It is meant to put people on the Dance floor. But I do get your IDEA!! Remember this one, by THE CARS,"WHO'S GONNAS TAKE YOU HOME". That is more like you anyhow!!

Post subject: Re: BOOM BOOM BOOM
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:18 pm 

Pete Denis wrote:
Closing with this song would defeat the purpose of a great song like that one. It is meant to put people on the Dance floor. But I do get your IDEA!! Remember this one, by THE CARS,"WHO'S GONNAS TAKE YOU HOME". That is more like you anyhow!!

I agree, that's why I said "This was actually a peak hour track. Always did well when I played it". I was merely stating that we can find many songs with a novelty effect.

So who says you couldn't play this again at the end of the night anyways.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:58 pm 

THE SONG ALWAYS & FOREVER BY HEATWAVE WAS A SLOW SONG, NOT THE 1 BY CHER. BY THE WAY IT WAS A GREAT CLOSING SONG.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:42 pm 

I never really had one. You can say mine was a random choice, though if I was crazy enough, I would have thrown in a Rush song (Tom Sawyer or something like that) or Metallica. Both rocker & a Disco junkie, go figure.

Post subject: FINALLY!!!
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:39 pm 

WOW!! About Fu***** time!! The second PEPE SALVAJE makes his appearance!! welcome Sandy! I think that an explanation is in order. While there is a Jose"Pepe" Salvaje in Miami, the crazy bouncer turned deejay. His escapades were the stuff of legends. And this PEPE is his son!! Santiago "PEPE" Salvaje. So there are two PEPE'S here now! We have been patiently waiting! Thank God, you are here!! So tell me PEPE, How did the crowd react to the HEAVY METAL as a closing song. It worked to perfection right. They ran to to door like a stampede of Buffalo's!! So in fact, it was the perfect CLOSING song, it got everyone outta there!!

Post subject: YES R&R at a Disco
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:38 pm 

Pepe Sr., Guys,

You'd be very surpised how many people were into the Rock & Disco love affair. Pete you should know, "What I Like About You" (The Romantics) was not the only rock song you ever played. But then again you can get away with playing anything. As you know (i've told you many a times) I could never get away with some of the exchanges you did. No matter what song, the floor would stay packed!!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:31 am 

OMG! Finally, you've made your appearance. I expect a steady showing from now on. don't get lost now.

This "PEPE" has personally witnessed the many adventures of DJ Pete Denis and DJ RayJ.

Hey Pepe JR, when you get some time, post something you remember from the day.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:56 am 

Pepe Salvaje wrote:
I never really had one. You can say mine was a random choice, though if I was crazy enough, I would have thrown in a Rush song (Tom Sawyer or something like that) or Metallica. Both rocker & a Disco junkie, go figure.

Is this the sam person that was Mr. DJ Boo in 80s? If it is, glad to here from you. I do remembr one nite at the club in the top of a hotel in coconut grove. You plad Van Halen "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love". Mnay Peeple were running to door, but not me. I like Van Halen. You may not remembr me I was there for my freind Mr. Pete. I was the short Chino with tall blond call girl.

Post subject: DJ Boo
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:53 pm 

Mr. DJ Boo, why you have not answer me. Is that not you. Plese come back and talk.

Post subject: Re: What's your favorite - closing song...
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:06 pm 

Discoguy wrote:
But which songs are your closing ace ?

in terms of lyrics nothing beats 'last dance' as closing song, but I used to play 'don't leave me this way' as closing song, as well as opening tune sometimes...

the lyrics of 'don't leave...' give me goosebumps after all those years. Music with a message....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:48 am 

DJ Ray J & DJ Tiger Lee,

Please forgive me for the long delay in responding to you both. My day consists of getting up at 4:30 am & getting back home at 7:30 pm. In other words, I thave no time to do practically squat once I get home. I end up going to bed about 12:30 am so I only get about 4 hours sleep daily. So please be understanding if I take a while to respond (due to I check the e-mails when I have the chance to get to them).

Tiger, I guess you can call me DJ Boo but I do not remember anyone hitting the door at "Top Of The Grove" (TOG) when Van Halen was played (at the end). As a matter of fact, all the Rock songs that I played were well received. In that day "Simple Minds" had two songs I could play with no problems ("Alive & Kicking" & "Don't You Forget About Me"). TOG was not the most high-tech Club there was but the music we played & the view from the windows from the 21st floor of the Coconut Grove Hotel was spectacular. Thanks for the shout out & welcome to the sight.

Take care & I hope to respond to you all sooner & more frequently.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:29 pm 

Dj from 1986-1998 in the UK and then i got into Bar & Club management, so dj no more. Played a lot of styles in my time, from Disco, Soul, High Energy, House, Garage, Soft Rock, Pop, RnB etc. but i always had 2 favourites to close the set with;
Earth Wind & Fire "Fantasy"
Randy Crawford & The Crusaders "Streetlife"
Also on occasion, i would round off the night with what you guys call a peak record, the likes off Chicago "Streetplayer" springs to mind.

Post subject: FANTASY
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:02 pm 

One of the greatest songs ever! No matter your tastes in music, everyone always loved this!

Post subject: Earth Wind & Fire
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:09 pm 

I was the exact opposite, I would start my night with this fantastic jam. Phillip Bailey only sounded better on REASONS!! This song really strained a singers vocal cords. I saw EW&F once on A & E , a show called BY REQUEST, where the featured band would play viewers requests. And they screwed up, making him sing FANTASY as the first request. Too early, he needed to warm up, to perform it at is best. But he said, "This is hard to start with, but I will do it". He did, they should have waited.

Board index » DISCO » Music