Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » CLUBS » Studio 54

Post subject: New Question
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:38 am 

Who played at 54? What acts performed there? Remember their names? Like The Trammps or Crown Heights Affair?

Post subject: The insider Answers:
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:33 am 

I can tell you, that often August Darnell and his Brother Stoney would end up on stage, and just JAM. It was Dr Buzzard's Original Savannah Band performing spontaneously (or so it seemed). In actuality, they were planned "shows". Soon there was a variety of "spontaneous" performances by acts and artists releasing a new song. It was here they premiered. The Insider answers that question,"Glad the web is growing and to answer the question we had live acts spontaneously so there was no regular schedule. Diana Ross, Whitney Houston as a 17 year old model,Sylvester to name a few."

Post subject: Was There Ever Trouble?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:52 am 

Dear Insider,
When there was a fight, or trouble there, what would happen? Don't tell me there was never any trouble there, I am sure that at the door there was trouble, and in the bathrooms. It was a club, every club had those problems. How was it handled, what would happen?- Thanks

Post subject: This Is FUNNY!!
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:21 am 

When I read the Insider's answer, I laughed for a few minutes. I will explain further, but first, here is his reply!--The Insider replied,-"well we had strong, big ex cops for security and had little trouble controling situations that got out of hand in side the club. Where there is drugs and alcohol there is trouble. There was one event that my younger brother , was involved with that had him hit in the head with a beer bottle. There was a band called corey day and the coconuts(che che la font) or something to that effect where one of the band members whacked him. Security brought him down to the basement and when I heard it took 5 of them to restrain me although I am sure my brother wasn't an innocent bystander because he also did downers while working as a busboy. I thought I would get more detailed with the answer. I hope you are well. "---- This was funny, because THE KID, August Darnell was there, and it was probably him or Stoney that hit his brother. I heard about this from DR BUZZARD'S ORIGINAL BAND, so I got both sides of the story. CORY DAYE, when she was going solo, used THE COCONUTS as her background and supporting singers. The song he mentioned is of course CHER CHEZ LA FEMME. Funny thing that he mentioned this incident, I already had heard it, but 30 years ago!!--- So it seems that SECURITY was not an issue at STUDIO 54!

Post subject: My Questions!
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:55 am 

INSIDER- Hi---- I got some questions after watching the movie again. I saw in the credits that PATRICK TAYLOR had a part in the movie. Who did he play, so I will know? I will watch it again to look for him. HE IS A GREAT UNHERALDED ACTOR you know! Then, the day the Shit Hit The Fan, the IRS, the RYAN PHILLIPE character quiting, the old lady dying. That ALL happened in that one NEW YEAR'S EVE Party? Or Dramatic license? Then, what was FICTIONAL in the movie? The SELMA HIYACK character? Was she real? Her boyfriend/husband? Was he real? Those things, ENQUIERING MINDS WANT TO KNOW?? Thanks Insider!

Post subject: REPLY
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:31 am 

I asked the Insider some questions about the movie 54, and this was his response!-"OK here it goes. I have a cameo behind the bar. I have a close up but don't blink. I actually had a lot of scenes like other actors that just didn't make the cut. People like Fiorucci, Raquel Welches daughter Tawny. Ron Jeremy and a few others.As for the dramatic license maybe 40% fact, 60% fictional. They merged much of my story throughout and attached my expieriences to other actors. there were even a few inside jokes. Selma played an actual coatcheck girl that worked at 54 after the closure. The Breckin meyer character was based On a guy named Pecker. he was an actual waiter but not married to the coat check girl. The money in the ceiling was a rumor and disco sally did not die at 54 but was a real person, very sweet but strange."-- I was always under the assumption, because the papers & television stations reported it this way, that there was money hidden in garbage bags in the ceiling, but we just read what the Insider said. He was there, he knows for sure!!

Post subject: WAS IT ALL THAT ???
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:26 pm 

So tell me INSIDER, what was the real action there? Were there women making out everywhere? Was it that out in the open? Were they really the "beautiful" people? Models, actresses and celebrities? Were there ant UGLY people there? Did John Belushi go there at all? Who else were regulars? Thank You!-- Pink Lady!
_____

Post subject: The Answer
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:29 am 

Here is The answer"As for the women, there was some open kissing at times but mostly in the bathrooms and dark corners if you know what I mean. I loved that part but later thought that the threesome thing with the bi-sexual women turned out to be way over-rated. Something about being a prop. Lol. The models at times would be more open then the true celebrities or at least what i witnessed. Ugly people were included if they were powerful and rich unless you think lester persky or truman capote were beautiful people. The women were everyone from Bianca Jagger to cher and Olivia newton john to name a few. the list is broader but i hate typing." I hope that answers your question, Pink Lady.

Post subject: Re: REPLY
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:37 am 

Pete Denis wrote:
disco sally did not die at 54 but was a real person, very sweet but strange!

Oh yes, she was real!

Post subject: Great Picture!
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:28 am 

Is that the insider with her on the dance floor??

Post subject: I asked
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:45 am 

I asked him, and that is not him. I remember this picture was in the New York newspapers. I forget whether it was the daily News or The Post. But It was this picture, she was real!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:07 pm 

Did the inside of Studio 54 look very similar to that in the movie? I've never seen any pictures from the inside of Studio 54.

Post subject: Reply
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:46 pm 

Here is the Reply from The Insider,"It was almost a perfect replica except for a couple of details. The movie set in toronto was a bit smaller and the DJ booth was on the right side facing the dance floor as opposed to the original being on the left. Those are the two obvious differences. " So it was a smaller looking club, but almost identical.

Post subject: I Needs To Know?
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:32 am 

Ask The Insider if he knew Patrick Taylor, the guy that Elton John tried to pick up? I really wonder why he said no?? So what if he was straight, that was ELTON JOHN you are talking about? Did that really happen? I needs to know!!??

Post subject: Patrick Taylor
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:52 am 

Well, well. Here is your answer PINK LADY, you will like it very much. So here goes," i never have a problem answering a question but there might come a time when it doesn't meet the expectation of the person asking. So you are free to tell the hottie that I am Patrick Taylor and if she is that hot then we should meet. I have never had a problem with Bi-sexual ladies and I am single at the moment. I liked Elton and maintained a friendship for years and I believe it was because I didn't sell out for sex.It just never was in my comfort zone no matter how high I was not that I didn't get myself in and out of sticky situations because I might have been a bit naive believe or not. "

The rest of it I sent to you via PM. Do with it what you want!

Board index » CLUBS » Studio 54