Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » CLUBS » Studio 54

Post subject: Studio 54 Witnesses wanted!
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:06 pm 

Hello, everyone!

I am a German journalist working for the WDR Broadcast (which is in structure, size and organization comparable to ABC or BBC I suppose). I'm currently working on a report about Studio 54. I'm going to make a radio feature about this famous and perished place of popculture. And I would consider myself lucky If someone of you could help me: I'm looking for someone who made it pass the doormen and was lucky enough to be at least one time within the realm of studio 54. I would very much like to make an interview with a witness for my report.

Technically it would be an interview in a radio studio (not to be aired immediately/live but to be recorded for later broadcast) - the WDR owns studios in capitals and big cities all over the world. I would be sitting in a German Studio talking to you via an intercom that provides real life voice quality.

If you are inclined to help me I would be eternally thankful if you can help me on getting contact with someone who can tell me about the Studio from his own experience!
If you can - please, please email to me as soon as possible (adress below!)

Sincerely

Sebastian Halm

WDR, Cologne, Germany
Email: sebastian.halm@fm.wdr.de

Post subject: Re: Studio 54 Witnesses wanted!
 Post Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:56 pm 

My name is Dan Pucciarelli. Most know me as Danny Pooch. I am a New York DJ who has traveled to England and Germany to play. I had the pleasure of knowing Richie Kazar (Dj at 54) and I was fortunate to be at 54 and even in the Dj booth a number of times. I would be willing to assist you in your mission. my email djjrpooch@yahoo.com

Post Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:41 pm 

Not sure if you're still looking for help but I worked at 54 for 2 years (I'm interviewed here on this site).

if interested you can email me at paolo@pm2co.com

Paolo M. Miranda

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:52 pm 

this may not be the right place for me to reply but I'm going to anyway. My sister, who has been missing since 11-30-1980 - used to frequent studio 54. Does she look familiar to either of you ??

Board index » CLUBS » Studio 54