Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » CLUBS » Paradise Garage

Post subject: Paradise Garage Neon Logo
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:10 pm 

We opened our Neon Gallery "Say It In Neon" on Hudson St. in June of 1976. Four weeks after opening our Gallery Michael Brody walked in carrying a rough sketch of his logo for a new disco that he was calling "Paradise Garage." He asked me to create a neon version of the logo. He said he needed it done for the opening which was in 4 weeks. The design was incomplete, very rough, it needed to be finished, fabricated and produced in neon. I said I would have it done for the opening. It was quite a challenge. I checked out the site . It was in an old garage located on King St., four blocks from my gallery. You had to go up a ramp. The neon design had to be 8' round over the entrance. It had to be installed on a metal surface that was not flat. I had to figure out how to install it ...and I did. The night of the opening every one, including my self was thrilled and amassed at the sight of seeing the logo aglow in neon. And so it hung there until the Garage closed in 1987. I still consider it one of my greatest designs and challenges. You can see this design along with some of my other neon favorite designs on my web site www.neonartists.com.

Board index » CLUBS » Paradise Garage